ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV light

This morning, I put £20 of Excellium Unleaded (Total petrol station) into the car. As soon as I left the forecourt, the SERV light came on. At first I thought... now what fuel did I just put in, but that was fine. And... my automatic wipers didn't want to work. Hmmm. I put a call in to Dave at Rentech and asked the question...

"Dave, I had a service 13k miles ago and the SERV light has come on. Am I due another service quite soon after the previous?"

Dave said...

"The SERV light doesn't indicate the car needs a service, but it means there's a minor fault with the car. It's nothing to worry about but a few simple checks are required, which may determine the fault (e.g. oil level, coolant level, brake fluid level, lights, etc...)."

So I will have a look at those and if I can find the source of the problem, I will be popping down to Rentech to see if they can find and sort it.

However, as Dave mentioned this SERV light is triggered but a "minor" fault, could this fault be the fact the automatic wipers do not work? Or... can you activate and de-activate the automatic wipers like you can for the automatic headlights?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Don't think the SERV light would come on if the automatic wipers don't work. It's more likely a sensor has gone wrong somewhere or a fluid level is low.

Well I was going to check the levels tonight but when I finished work, I turned the car on and the light didn't come in and hasn't come on since so I'm assuming it's ok. However, I may play it safe and run some checks "just incase".

Was it just the SERV light or did the airbag light come on as well? if it did it'll be down to the open circuits under the seat, if the light comes on again try moving those wires under your seat a move about.