ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

serv light

clio 182
was at busy junction this evening was stuck for a good few minutes the service light came on with the abs and the esp light.i parked up and restarted car the lights dont show up anymore.......is this normal?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Chances are it will be a brake pedal coherance/pressure related fault. There is a guide on here to help you reset it.

Mick

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Chances are it will be a brake pedal coherance/pressure related fault. There is a guide on here to help you reset it.

Mick

Where is this guide? Just gone through all 10 pages of the guides and can't find it? Or am I just blind... I'm getting this too and I don't like lights on the dash! :(

renault clio 182
ive had the same thing for ages and cant get rid, i was told i have a cracked abs ring? can some1 let me know when they get to the bottom of this pls? mine comes on every now n then, normally after i brake

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
truth is it could potentially be many things... diagnostics you tight bunch ;)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thanks... if my brakes are coming on straight away though, I take it there's no point in doing it? Or is it worth a reset just in case. Like ye olde faithful 'on and off again' which we use a million times a day at work.

Ph1 T
i have this problem since i went to oulton park a few weeks ago, with them 3 lights on and off when they want but my acceleration started sticking on every now and again also :S

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Noticed my CC & speed limiter aren't working either... they just flick on, then off when I release the button. Just read a few threads and it seems this could also be related to the brake sensor?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yep as the brake pedal switch is a vital sensor to that system... obviously, because it needs to know when you touch the brake/clutch pedals to 'cut' the system opperation.

Kayzee - I'm in the same boat as you mate! When i find out what it is i'll let you know. Let me know if you solve this before i do please.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Okay gave this a go and no luck...

Firstly it certainly didn't 'click' when pushed, is it buggered?

I pulled it out for a reset, but a few days later my lights came on again. What's next to try, is it time to purchase a new switch? Or could it be something else?