ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*service 18k*

307 hdi (powered by derv)

good evening all,

i have got my service for 18k coming up soon, will it void my warrenty if i dont have it serviced at renault?

Many thanks Shaw

H22A7 Accord Type R

yea as far as i know you HAVE to have the reno dealer stamp and have it on their system to keep the warranty going.

-Rob-

I dont think you do anymore not since this "block exemption" do dah. Garage just needs to be VAT registered and use original Renault parts. Got my first service coming up, but Im taking it to the dealer as Ive not found a good independant garage yet.

307 hdi (powered by derv)

cheers for help guys. I have emailed renualt but as of yet they havent replied.

Would should a 18k service include?

Shaw

The 18k is very little work wise. They check brakes change the oil and filters but thats about all.

Cost £99 at my local dealership, shop around and you should get a cheap deal.

You can get it serviced elsewhere but they have to use Renault parts and if the garage you use mess up it up then Renault will invalidate you warently claims on the bits they didnt mess with. Pluis you wont get any ECU updates and with the 1.2 theres usually enough updates.

3 Series xdrive

The law has now changed regarding this, you do not have to have it serviced by a main dealer. Having it serviced alsewhere will not affect your warranty.