ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service and airbag light going on and off, but theres no problem ? ideas...

MK3 GTI golf 16v
right, the service light and the airbag light come one and off at the same time alot. cant work out what causes them to come on or off they just seem to do it when they please.

anyway, took it to a garage and he ran a diagnostics and said there was no problem at all, so he cleared the fault and said it would be fine. 10 minutes later it happened again. so has anyone got any ideas on the matter? cheers guys

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
airbag sensor under the seat I believe. Mine does this but i'm ignoring it.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
ah yeah my mate said something about that the otherday actuarly. aint it where you push the seat back and forth it pulls the wires out/sheers them ? something like that

I have bypassed the connector on the drivers side. which sorted this fault for a while then it came back.
Turns out the passenger side is now doing it. so I bypassed the connector on the passenger side as well (the one with only 1 wire going into it) this didnt sort it, but sometimes when I have had passengers in the back of the car (ie seat slid forward) it goes out again for a VERY short while.