ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service info please

Sorry if this question has been asked before but Im about to book my 172 in for its 24k service.

Before I ring my two local dealers I was wondering what sort of prices I should be looking for for the basic service and if any other major/minor jobs need to be done at this service.

Plus some little scrote has stolen my 2.0 16v badges off the door (Over a year ago now but ive been lazy!) and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to get them replaced. How much do you guys reckon they will cost. Apparently when my old man priced them up just before xmas he was quoted 70 quid for the two! WTF!

Any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers guys (&gals)

2005 Impreza WRX STI

service will prob be 150-200. its only a minor so belts etc should need changing.just basic stuff like oil/filter etc. think those badges are about £40 for the set from reno or if u look on ebay they usually go for 30 ish

Paul

Should be paying around £160~180 for the service.

I thought the badges were about £15 each but I may well be wrong. (pm Mike172Sport for a decent price)

Mine has been in for 24k this morning, was quoted £165 but told when I got there that that was for a non sport Clio and they wanted £199.

I was not happy, so they honoured the original quote.

Im in South Wales.

Im trying to decide which dealers would be best.

At the moment im thinking of going to Gravells in Kidwelly. I wouldnt touch Swansea Renault with a barge pole. Heard to many horror stories.

Was thinkin bout using cardiff or newport as they are closest, have yet to call them for prices though. Have used cardiff before (bought the car from them too) but not the one in the port.

Has anybody had any experience with the newport dealership?

[Edited by oj172 on 18 April 2005 at 7:20pm]

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Just sorting the 24k service myself. Renault just quoted me £250!! £220 with own oil. F*ck that.

If you are an AA member you can have it done at one of their National Autocentres for 20% off usual price with genuine Renault parts and it wont void your warranty. Much cheaper when its only an oil + filters change plus checks.

Their http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/garages/garages_home.htmlsite and http://www.nationwideautocentre.com/pdf/menu_service_schedule.pdfservice checklist are in the links.

P.S. Mike172Sports 16v 2.0 badges are £32 on his ebay site.