ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service intervals?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
There's a sticky by Edde at the start of this section about service intervals. It says in part "Normal servicing is done ever 18k or 2 yrs there is a 1 month/1k tolerance so you can have it done up to 25month or 19k before any warranty implications."

I'm puzzled that this is very different to what we are required to here in Australia. Could someone confirm that in the UK you're only required to get your Clio Sport serviced every 18,000 miles or 2 years?

Here in Australia we're required to get Renaults serviced at least every 10,000 kms (6,000 miles) or 6 months.

Every 10,000 kms (6,000 miles) or 6 months - "A" service
change oil and oil filter
check other fluids and handbrake operation

Every 20,000 kms (12,000 miles) or 12 months - "B" service
additional checks

Every 60,000 kms (36,000 miles) or 36 months - "C" service
additional checks
replace accessory belt
replace brake fluid

Every 100,000 kms or 48 months
replace timing belt
replace radiator coolant

Every 10 years
replace air bags and pre-tensioners

I had cause to go look at my service booklet because I just had the car's 40,000 km (24,000 mile) service done at 34 months, and the dealer tried to talk me into getting the accessory belt changed, and that to "save myself the cost of two separate major operations on the engine" I get the timing belt changed at the same time.

I think you might have got my posts mixed up RS have 12k servicing none S have 18k servicing.
Servicing rules/time/whats done etc (Mk 2 phase 2 none RS cars)
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107876

Servicing rules/time/whats done etc (172/182)
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107873

Differetn climtates have different rules UAE have 5k serviving.

AUX belt chnaging is only realy needed at 36k if you can afford it now might as well as if it brreaks then 99% of the time it takes out the cambelt and a new engine or n expensive rebuilt is needed.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I think you might have got my posts mixed up RS have 12k servicing none S have 18k servicing.

Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I was unsure of with the sticky I read, whether it related to a 172.

Does seem a bit extreme, that in the UK its an oil (and oil filter) change every 2 years or 12,000 miles (20,000 kms), whereas here we have to have one every 6 months or 6,000 miles (10,000 kms). It is a bit warmer here, but not that much. We have deserts, but we don't live in them like the Arabs, we live around the coast. It makes a person wonder if its not to look after the dealers rather than to look after the cars. That's not pointing the finger at Renault alone though. It seemed from what I read in British mags like Autocar that all/most car companies in the UK shifted to longer service intervals, whereas only some manufacturers did that here.

Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I was unsure of with the sticky I read, whether it related to a 172.

Does seem a bit extreme, that in the UK its an oil (and oil filter) change every 2 years or 12,000 miles (20,000 kms), whereas here we have to have one every 6 months or 6,000 miles (10,000 kms). It is a bit warmer here, but not that much. We have deserts, but we don't live in them like the Arabs, we live around the coast. It makes a person wonder if its not to look after the dealers rather than to look after the cars. That's not pointing the finger at Renault alone though. It seemed from what I read in British mags like Autocar that all/most car companies in the UK shifted to longer service intervals, whereas only some manufacturers did that here.

In many ways shorter servicing wuld be great Renault have loads of problem with there Lagunas due to the long servicing they let them have. Changing th oil ever 6k is a great idea for power and longevity.