ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service light and Traction Control light on.... Help please!

Hi guys, as above, driving my new 182 back from the dealers, steady speed on the motorway about 65mph, then after half an hour or so, the SERVICE and TRACTION CONTROL lights appear....

MPG was 41 so thats fine, pulled over, turned the engine off and back on, the lights went out...

Any ideas what this could indicate?

Many thanks :)

Renault Clio 182
My 182 does this occasional, and the ABS light comes on. After turning off and back on, all lights go out. What could the problem be?

Megane 225 F1
If it is the abs light as well it's a loose sensor. This could be the same for the problem you're having Matthew. I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will know.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Cant be arsed TBH, its a right treck where I got it from, of and Arctic ;)

Hasnt come back on yet so maybe because its been sat for a few weeks maybe??

Nice one, didn't take long to get bored of the GTI then! If you end up needing to take it in I can recommend a good garage over my way. Always cheap and seems to knows his s**t...

Nice one, didn't take long to get bored of the GTI then! If you end up needing to take it in I can recommend a good garage over my way. Always cheap and seems to knows his s**t...

Cheers mate! Golf was so boring lol

My old one did it, but te ABS came on aswell when I was on the brake pedal for 5 mins in traffic, then went off.

Ahhh the joys of being back in a Clio lol

Clio 182 arctic
hey fella. i had the exact same fault, those 2 lights come o usually on te mtorway, turned out to be brake pedal sensor, have a look in the guides section, it took me a coupe of goes before it stopped coming on ut its been over a year since ive last seen those ligts.

Clio sport 182
could be an abs fault check ur driveshafts to see if ur cv gator clip hasnt come off and gone over ur abs ring :dapprove: have had one at work that ended up being an abs unit as it was an internal fault in the abs unit :eek: but check the basics and if nothing comes up worth booking in to renault and get them put it on the fault reader

Milltek'd clio 182
i had the abs light, service light and traction control light on just recently pop up twice, when i got the car diagnosed it came up with a fault behind the brake pedal, its a sensor i cant remember the name, i havent replaced and sorted the problem yet but i believe the sensor to be around 30 quid and easy to sort, hope this helps.

Clio 182 cup
Get your alignment checked! :D

Tigger , Just done my trackrod end and geting the traction control and service light, Getting the alignment sorted out today.
was going to count the threads but got sidetracked into fighting with the old rodend, was a b**ch to get off.
How does the alignment bring the light on?

inferno 182cup
My 182 does this occasional, and the ABS light comes on. After turning off and back on, all lights go out. What could the problem be?

mine does this v rare but cayght it once an pluged it in mine is communication in module ecu (foook) good job it goes out when i turn it off an on agen

Clio 182
Mine has just started doing this... Driving along at motorway speeds and the traction light comes on along with the service light. I had my car tracked / laser aligned last week... could they be linked???

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Mine does it too but birchdown told me it maybe just something simple like the sensor behind the break pedal or somethin needs adjusting.

Golf GTD Mk7
I can plug it in for you if you like. Only a small charge ;) Not too far away. I work manchester way also.

Milltek'd clio 182
i had the traction light, service light and abs light come on, and it was all down to a brake pedal sensor which cost around £11. job doen, very easy to do,