ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service Light appearance!

I keep getting my service light come on and off at times, its already been back to the dealer and they say its a loose wire under the passenger seats Loom.

Sometimes the Oil OK turns to Oil Flashing and when ive checked it, it all seems ok.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Harj...

Have the same problem with mine. The sevice light and airbag warning light come on sometimes. Goes away when you wiggle the connector under the passenger seat. Did take it to the garage once, but all they did was reset the system.

sounds like a faulty oil level senser unit or wiring to such.

the wires under the seat will not effect the oil level signal.

an intermittent oil level sender fault will illuminate the service light until it corrects itself.

hope that helps.

Joe

Have had both on my old MK1,

the servive light and airbag warning is due to the wiring under the pasenger seat (well known prob., evn the dealers should know) Best not to put anything anywhere near the passenger footwell.

As to oil warning light it is very sensitive. If you park the car on the opposite side of road (i.e. offside is lower than near side you will get probs.)

Try parking with drivers side higher than passenger. OR best still always park on level ground. Generally best. but not a possibility for most parks.

By the way the sensors are V sensitive to left/right angles.

Hope that helpd and please dont panic if the car uses a little oil. Some of the best are designed to.

the servive light and airbag warning is due to the wiring under the pasenger seat (well known prob., evn the dealers should know) Best not to put anything anywhere near the passenger footwell.

As to oil warning light it is very sensitive. If you park the car on the opposite side of road (i.e. offside is lower than near side you will get probs.)

Try parking with drivers side higher than passenger. OR best still always park on level ground. Generally best. but not a possibility for most parks.

Hope that helpd and please dont panic if the car uses a little oil. Some of the best are designed to.