ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service Light On

RenaultSport 182
Hi guys, thismorning on the tedious drive to work, the service light on the dash was on. But I've just been out for dinner and it's not on anymore. Is this a regular occurance? My clio is a 52plate 1.4 in good condition with 36thou miles. Mot was done in November.

No more clio's for me!
Correct me if i'm wrong guys, but i thought the service light mean the computer diagnostics has picked up an issue with the engine, rather than it meaning the cars due a service. Can be something very simple, you just ask the renault garage to check out for you.

BMW M3
I know there is a common fault of this type with the 182. Think the brake pedel sensor switch was faulty. When you brake, does the centre window light need a bit of pressure to come on? Mine did this before the sensor was fixed so might be an indication.

RenaultSport 182
Justin182 said:
I know there is a common fault of this type with the 182. Think the brake pedel sensor switch was faulty. When you brake, does the centre window light need a bit of pressure to come on? Mine did this before the sensor was fixed so might be an indication.

Yeh, this does happen, it takes a good squeese on the break for the center window light to come on. :(

BMW M3
I would take it to renault and mention the brake sensor as we all know how long they can take to find a fault. Think its a pretty easy fix if thats the prob.

The brake sensor problem is only on the 182's and its noticed very quickly not this long after being built.
The SERV light means somethings wrong and it should go back to the dealer but usually another light comes on as this will give you an idea whats up. Check the oil level thats about the only thing the SERV light alone comes on due to.

BMW M3
Yeah... i thought it might just be the 182s. I forgot to mention that it usually only comes on when braking lightly.