ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service light

Renault Clio 182
So.. I've had my abs fixed and the lights have gone off..however I still have SERV light still displaying ..it' been plugged in and has no faults and I've tried the jiggling of airbag wires under both seats ..any advise please ? 54 reg 182

RB Clio 182
Might be worth checking your oil level too, it only takes a second and ive heard this can bring the serve light on.

Renault Clio 182
Yeah all lights ok ...
I've just read it may be a rain sensor as this wont store a code ...i had a windscreen fit about 6 month ago and they put the wrong one in ..I had to reprogramme my washers to work intermittently again ..

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
For sure the SERV light is on (with no other lights) when the rain sensor is unplugged. I know because I unplugged mine before having a screen fitted :up:.

It might just need a jiggle of the connector?

Renault Clio 182
It doesn't have the rain sensor any more ....they fit a standard screen when it cracked ..I didn' realise untill it rained and my wipers didn' move ...

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
It doesn't have the rain sensor any more ....they fit a standard screen when it cracked ..I didn' realise untill it rained and my wipers didn' move ...

Get them back tell them about light and that they have fitted wrong screen if don thru insurance they will soon sort it out .

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If they fitted the wrong screen with no sensor then sounds like that's your problem. Get them back with the correct screen as it will not pass mot with the serve light on.

PH2 172
If you have the wrong screen, how have they attached the rear view mirror?
They should have unclipped the rain sensor and transferred it to your new screen.

Renault Clio 182
Rear view mirror fixed on no trouble ... it cracked summer last year so I have no come back now ..just have to live with the light ..part of the features now !!
I'e had my spacers fit today too looks loads better

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
You could probably fit a resistor or even buy the sensor linked above & plug that in, then hide it under the roof lining :up:

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Crack screen and pay £75 for a proper one through insurance.

It’d do my head in not having the right windscreen and auto wipers not working properly.

Renault Clio 182
I've got the wipers working like a normal car with no rain sensor ...ill have a nose at getting the sensor just to get rid of the SERV light ..good idea

Renault Clio 182
I'l look into it ..probably end up leaving it as it sounds like a headache. At least its nothing dangerous ..
heading down to Team Valley car meet tmw night if anyone local is kicking about come say hi

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Which company changed the screen? Regardless of who you are now insured with, they didn't supply and fit the wrong screen. The window company should cover their work anyway.