ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

service prices

how much have people paid for a 36k servie on a 172 sport?? im strongly considering using the aa as oposed to renault as AA only want £200 while renault is £340 and i only want to get it serviced so it can be sold on shortly with a fsh

Ph-Sold!

Renault wanted £340 for a 36k service and MOT on my MK2 1.2, seems ridiculous to me.

I shopped around and found one for about £200.

At the end of the day at genuine Renault service isnt a garauntee of quality, especially given some of the trouble people have had with dealers. Im just going to a place I know will do everything thats needed and seem a little more professional.

Is the full dealer service history going to be worth so much more to the buyer to justify the expense?

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Have a look in todays paper, Sunday Mirror. On page 30 is the headline "fool service history" Renault is the worse for all different prices across the country, it ranges frm £370 in B-ham to £183 in Norwich.

lol i would much rather take it to the aa as i personally think renault is just some circus were thewy send uts people to rag your cars around i only want it doing so i can keep the warrenty when its up for sale in th enext couple of weeks

Mini Cooper S sport

Mine needs its 18k service very soon - Im going to ring up the Renault dealers in Portsmouth, see what they charge (think someone mentioned they do a discount for Cliosport members, so could be worth it)

my mk3 16v needs its first service soon they want £200 for an oil and filter change and another £35 to dispose of the oil. im a mechanic for mercedes and we arent even that expensive and we charge £105 an hour!!!

[Edited by 03 clio on 17s on 08 August 2004 at 1:23pm]

Shhh

i took mine to renault in sunderland, and they charged me more than renault in chester. I said..look renault chester are doing it for this price, can you match it..and they did.

Ring about, and get them to price match. Different dealers, different prices..

they cannot void your warranty if you get your car serviced elsewhere, aslong as its a VAT regd garage and using genuine renault parts.

they are ridiculously priced, i got quoted £171 for my first V6 service which is an oil and fitler change and pollen filter! it is a joke, but most manufacturers are this pricey now.

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 08 August 2004

i took mine to renault in sunderland, and they charged me more than renault in chester. I said..look renault chester are doing it for this price, can you match it..and they did.
Would you realy want Renault Chester to service the car though they might forget to or go read you magazines instead.

I got a 36k service at Renault in Bristol for £200. The bonus is that it was a renault minute garage which meant I didnt need an appointment either. I would shop around and the play one garage off against another.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

172 36k should be cheaper than a normal clio because they cant charge you for a rear brake strip