ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

serviceing help

clio 172 mk2
hey jus tryin to get some free info,im jus goin to service me 172 clio,need to know what torque settings for spark plugs an spark plug gaps. wheres the fuel filter situated? and cant seem to get a haynes manual for the 172 does any 1 know if a standard clio mr 2 manual will help,i know it ent goin to be much good but might help wid locating parks an basic stuff,any help or advice will be good.:lolup:

Torque settings are about 24-29nm i believe.

Most fuel filters are located inside the pump, Doesnt need touching unless theres a problem.

The plugs are preset in the factory.

A haynes doesnt exist for the sport.

You'd be better off doing some searches,

And maybe wording sentences together better. :)

Translated.

Hey,

Im Just trying to get some free information. Im just going to service my 172 and i need to know what torque settings i will need for spark plugs an spark plug gaps. I will also need to know where the fuel filter is situated and i cant seem to get a Haynes manual for the 172.
Does anyone know if a standard clio Mk 2 manual would help? I know it isnt going to be much good but it may help with locating parks an basic stuff. Any help or advice will be good. :lolup:

Thanks.

The fuel filter is located inside the fuel tank.

clio 172 mk2
Back again.Looked at engine today and to change plugs looks like the injector bank has to come off.
Does any 1 know if this is as straight forward as it looks?
An do i need gaskets etc aswell for this job?

Lionel Richie
you don't touch the injectors, 7 x 10mm bolts to remove the upper plenum (the bit with renault sport on it)

Mk5 golf gti
they are situated in the tank are they not? unless you bought a phase one fuel filter which i think is outside the tank
you do not need to touch it unless youve hit 150k apparently