ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Servicing your Clio

I know this should be on Power etc... but I just wanted a quick response:)

I have booked my car into a non renault dealer for a Major service but

is a Williams harder to service than the average car?

Also is there any special tools need to do it?

I think it will be OK but its just some comments someone has made to me that made me wonder whether it may be cheaper and better just to go to Renault!

The main thing about the 16V/Williams is that the engine is in a small engine bay. Just tightening the auxillary belt means taking the headlamp off and having to have the hands of a stunted five year old to get at the pulley.

Nothing special about the cars apart from that, although speaking from experience its best to go to someone who deals with the cars a lot. As a result of not doing that, Ive had wheel bearings not pressed in properly and the auxillary belt tension adjuster broken.

clio 20v

yeh worth askin if theyve worked on the cars before or have them in a lot otherwise they will struggle and possibly fuk it up

adi

Right - cheers guys - the guy is good but I have had a prob with another car had never worked on before - it cost me more than it should.

I will book it in at renault tommorrow:)

If you take any quick car to a normal garage that is used to servicing fiestas and vectras then the mechanic is liable to give it one hell of a test drive.

just a thought.