ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

servs and traction control light and cruise control light

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
hiya all, now and again my servs light comes on with traction control light (always goes off when i turn engine off and restart but will come back on with time) also cruise control light comes on and off at times??!!

took to my local garage who said his equipment doesnt seem to work with my car (obviously not the renault clip)

is it a trip to renault

checked the obviously, clean uncracked abs rings/

after reading informed that it could be the brake sensor switch thats faulty / garage said get one and he will put it in for me?! what do you lot think please

time to sell lol :)

clio 172 monaco blue
ive got same problem and machine said brake switch AND cruise control switch? trying to figure out what the best thing is to do myself, as it only seems to come on if i spend too long on the brake...

wondering if its much of a job to get the brake pedal off to change it?

Arctic Blue FF 182
I had this and i just adjusted my brake pedal switch. Problem sorted. There is a how to guide on here. If you look under where the pedals are you will see the switch

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
am i advisable to fit a new one?! (or try to alter it) as per the guide?!
what do people think about the cruise control issue

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Do you always have the cruise switch set to limit/cruise? If so it will be because of the brake switch so try resetting it as per the guide first and if it keeps happening replace the switch.

Mick

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
tried to adjust it, but have little faith in this working, couldnt seen to adjust it in all honesty, tried to pull it and nothing happened?? took it out etc and looked at it.

when ok turned it back on they both flash? and went off.
am i best to invest in a new one, will this solve the problem with the cruise control also

thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Paul, i'm in Long Eaton. Swing in and i'll take a look at it for you.

Mick

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
i will if i cant fix it, rather than putting you to any trouble (and to try and fix it myself)

do you think i could just buy a new sensor and try it?!

how much would you charge me please / are you open saturdays... thanks Paul

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Paul, i don't know how much the new sensors are off hand but they aren't too bad. To CLIP the vehicle would be £35 but i'd fit a switch for free cos they take all of 20seconds to do.

Mick

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
ok thanks will be in touch should it cause me more greif played about with it this morning and since then the cruise control has stayed on.(the light like it should) not saying ive sorted it mine.

ill be in touch should i need you thanks for your help :) its appreciated :eek: