ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Setting up Wii to Onkyo amp

S2 106 GTI
I have tried to do this but all I get is the sound - no picture...... is it possible to do this or not? I have my PS3,tv and SkyHD hooked up as its HDMI

Rich

330Ci (Fail)Sport
How is it connected to the amp? You may need to set the correct video input for that input.

S2 106 GTI
I have put it into the TV/CD ports, (red,yellow and white) but all I get is a blue screen and sound. The other HDMI ports are the GAME and SAT. But with the wii having no HDMI I have to use the 'standard' leads

987 Boxster S
I had to run the video cable straight to the TV and the audio part of the cable straight to the amp. This is the only way I could get it to work with my Wii.

987 Boxster S
Panasonic 50G10. Well I am using the Wii component lead, so I set my TV to component input and my amp to the assigned input of where I plugged the audio cable from the Wii in. I had to buy a red and white phone lead to extend the audio leads of the component cable so they would reach to the amp. I can't remember which the amp can't just take all of the inputs from the Wii and send them down the HDMI to the TV, just one of those things I suppose.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Now I remember why my Wii is connected directly to the TV. Not all amps will output all video signals via all inputs to the TV via HDMI. IIRC, that's called upconverting or something like that. To connect mine, I would have to connect the Wii to the amp via component/yellow video phono and then use another component/phono cable to the TV and then obviously switch the TV channel to the right component/AV channel.

What leads do you have coming from the amp to the TV? You'll need another set of component leads from the amps OUT to the TV for video.

Tesla MP3 2021
Yes, as CJ/Vish has said.

It sounds to me that that you have...

Wii > Composite Video (Yellow) + RCA Audio (Red/White) > Onkyo > HDMI > TV

You will need to supply a new composite cable from the Onkyo to the TV, the Video will not come through the HDMI!

yes what onkyo? really you want to get a component cable (red, green, blue, red, white) the wii goes from component to the amp, the amp then upscales (or convert if you wish) to HDMI and then to the tv.

Easy!