ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

setting up wireless network at home...

6/468 17poo
ive set up a netgear wireless router a dg834gt and works a treat but i wanna be able to send data from one computer to another how do you do this????
cheers ryan

SLK 350
You need to enable a shared folder on each client mate. Right click my documents, goto properties and then click the sharing tab.

Do that on each computer for the folders you wish to share, and ensure that if your running seperate firewalls (you shouldn't be) behind your routers firewall that you add an exception for each client PC. You can get this by going to start->run->cmd.exe->ipconfig /all

Should work a treat, but what you really need is a seperate computer, to act as a common fileserver.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Control pannel, network conections, then on the left hand side you should see a 'Set up a home or small office network' link. Follow on screen instructions..

Nez

If you are using winxp sp2, the windows firewall will be active by default. You need to tick the box to enable file and printer sharing in the firewall properties.

6/468 17poo
so how do i send the files to the other computer,ive done what ozzy said but how do i lookat them files on the other computer?

either by browsing the network and finding the host you want or by this:

Start > Run >

In the run box type: \\"the name or IP address of the host"\

If you have configured it correctly the host will appear within 10 seconds or so.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I'm having problems with mine too. It worked fine at first but now my internet seems to cut out randomly and the only way to get it back is to turn the router off and then back on at the plug. It's doing my head in.

beatjunkie are you using the netgear software to connect or windows? Is your router plugged directly into one of the computers?

RB 182
spirez said:
I'm having problems with mine too. It worked fine at first but now my internet seems to cut out randomly and the only way to get it back is to turn the router off and then back on at the plug. It's doing my head in.
I've got exactly the same thing, it's a right pain! Problems seemed to come when I updated the firmwire to the newest one.

A red missile
If you've updated your firmware and it keeps dropping out, check your client lease time and stick as high as it will go, the update might have reset it to a low figure.

6/468 17poo
yeah spirez having exactly the same problems as you from time to time any reasons why?i havent updatted both computers run wirelessly and drop signal???