ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sh*t **urgent*

just been out to car to change spark plugs, Pulled Cover off removed No1 HT lead look down hole see Plug drowned in oil. so go to No 2 find same but less but nothign on 3 or 4.

so it can be 1 of 3 things

Head Gasket - but no Oil in water she still kicks over like a dream no performance loss at all.

Leaking Rocker Cover Seal

Been overfilled/MIssed Filler Cap and its just leaked down.

urm HELP lol

Mr2 Roadster

Clean them up and put the old ones back in for a day or two then have a look again!

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 19 May 2004

Oh, if its oil on the tops then its just probably spilt in the wells!
expalin y i go take a pic

[Edited by mark_eas on 19 May 2004 at 5:17pm]

500bhp Scoob

i got the same problem mate, noticed some old oil residue on my spark plugs when i cleaned em up and checked if they were alright, then after a 400 mile trip i check and plug 1 is full up with oil, and all down the engine is a trail of oil, all along the gear linkage aswell. not much oil was lost, but im putting it down to leaking gasket, so gotta buy me a rocker cover gasket this weekend, been told its a 30 min job at most.

yeah, had the same on my old rover cabriolet, changed it in about 20-25 minutes and that was the end of my oil-drenched spark plugs :)...

... still had legendary rover reliabilty though :(

plugs do oil up y,know - its nothin to worry about - perhaps its runnin a little rich - get some new plugs and get a rollin road tune done.

Quote: Originally posted by snoozer on 19 May 2004

plugs do oil up y,know - its nothin to worry about - perhaps its runnin a little rich - get some new plugs and get a rollin road tune done.

not inside the spark plug wells they wouldnt, you must be thinking about the combustion end of the plugs i take it?

Treat her to a new gasket just to be sure, wont cost you more than 15 quid id of thought fella.

its renault gonna cost me a fortune lol.

i got a plan leave the car alone never touch it again and sell teh mofo thing lol.

i was so close to get her back to good running condition now its all gone tits up again, now got a shopping list, Dogbone Mount, Rocker Gasket, Idle Control Valve, power Steering Pump. Alloys ;) had to add it.

thanks guys made me feel abit better think im gonna get da tool tomora from work and hav a go at draining the oil out from the holes and then see how i go from there

yeah, just take the plugs out and let it drain into the cylinders and then get a little worried at the smoke thatll come out the exhaust for a minute when you start her up!

p.s. not sure what forklift sparkplugs are going to do for your performance? ;)

Revels Mum & Sister

I changed the Rocker Cover Gasket

Is really easy

HOWEVER make sure you block the wells with some tissue or something. U dont wanna drop something in the wells Lol

From memory the Gasket was £12 from Renault. Or there abouts. Took about 30 mins to fit

mark, £18 quid mate. i had to change mine twice. and theyre the same size as motorbike plugs, might be why you couldnt get them out with a 10
when you take the plugs out the oil will obviously drip down. stick a rag over the tops of the wells and crank it over for a few secs-should get rid of it.

oh dean i want u to have a look at my car some time i need advice on teh steering as u had a valver. second option like