ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shake, Rattle & Roll

Arctic Blue 182
Hello (Clio 182)

Noticed recently (bearing in mind Ive only had the car a month), that when it is at a standstill there is a lot of shaking and rattling going on at the back of the car.

I pulled over yesterday to have a look and feel if the exhaust exits are loose and they seem fixed pretty strongly. It sounded as though the rattling was coming from one of the tanks (at least they look like tanks) running alongside the exhaust pipes.

When I rev the engine whilst at a standstill the noise stops, and only occasionally returns. (not every time its stationary).

I did see the thread from below on here but that was coming form the front in his case!

Just wondering what I can do about it, I bought it from a Renault Dealership on 35k.

Cheers!:S

Black 197
Baffles in the back boxes presumably or the exhaust heat shield above them, welcome to the ownership of an RS mate.... The exhaust rubbers may feel fine when you shake the exhaust but im nye on certain that the rubbers are fubared.. Its a very common problem with the mounts

172 Cup
I ended up removing the rear exhaust heat shields as they were rattling when going over bumpy roads at lower speeds. Exhaust mounts are guff, very poorly designed!