ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shiny, durable tyre shine...?

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Been using Finish Kare #108 anti static dressing, good product but not too keen on it's matt/satin finish. Tried Poorboys dressing also, not very durable though.

After something that is very durable but glossy and shiny too. Any recommendations?

Thanks.:)

ITB BG 182
ASDA she ite for me, I just take my ltr bottle to their car wash people, hand em a few quid and jobs a fish.

Not a 320d
Out of interest, why do you want a durable dressing?

Megs endurance will last well so long as it doesnt rain, but after a week or two when you next come to wash it its easily removed makeing it easy to re apply. Its also piss cheap too.

If you want durable, Blackfire Long lasting tyre gel will last a while, but once it rains or youve washed it itll lose its sheen - as will all gels.

Out of interest, why do you want a durable dressing?

Megs endurance will last well so long as it doesnt rain, but after a week or two when you next come to wash it its easily removed makeing it easy to re apply. Its also piss cheap too.

If you want durable, Blackfire Long lasting tyre gel will last a while, but once it rains or youve washed it itll lose its sheen - as will all gels.

This is the correct answer tbh. What do you want from a tyre shine product? If you'll only use it for shows, AG Tyre Shine is a water based product and will give a good shine for a few hours. And is cheap. Megs Endurance is OK. Detailers don't use it that often purely because, as Tobias has stated, if it rains, it won't last a mile.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Megs is still one of the best in the market and using my application lasts easily in wet conditions.

Superb product and for the price hard to beat. I'll try onyx next. My megs has last nearly 2 years. Mad value for money.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've never found one to be overly durable, some are still present and turn to a matt cleanish tyre but I always end up topping it up each week to bring back the shine. GTechniq T1 has had the best durability as such but it does as I said above.

Due to this I've switched back to the cheap old AG products, think I'm currently using rubber and vinyl one and just use it every week. Lasted fine driving through yesterdays rain we had.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! Just buy some black hammerite from Halfrauds? Infinite Black?

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Megs endurance or Blackfire for me. As those infinitely more in the know than me have pointed out, neither lasts forever, although a clean, dry tyre maximises durability IME.

Not a 320d
Gally youd be DISGUSTED at how much endurance gel I go through.

Thats tyre gel btw. Not some kind of lube.

Altho I could show you my "endurance gel".

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I'd like it to be durable so that it shines for some time. As mentioned when it rains, the glossy sheen is lost. Just trying to find a product which lasts the longest in this respect.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Not using it for shows, just want decent durability, good shine and gloss. Don't like the idea of it wearing off when it rains!:(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'd like it to be durable so that it shines for some time. As mentioned when it rains, the glossy sheen is lost. Just trying to find a product which lasts the longest in this respect.

Megs endurance.

You might have seen it mentioned before.

Not a 320d
Wont look freshly applied by any means. Nothing will.

Just get some Megs.

£8/9 a bottle its hardly a killer. Apply with a MF or Foam applicator pad, remove excess with an MF towel if you prefer a "matt" look.

Youll see why so many people favour it.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Wont look freshly applied by any means. Nothing will.

Just get some Megs.

£8/9 a bottle its hardly a killer. Apply with a MF or Foam applicator pad, remove excess with an MF towel if you prefer a "matt" look.

Youll see why so many people favour it.

I'm guessing the local Halfrauds will supply?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Megs endurance for me aswell. Cheap and does a good job. If you wash your car / apply it once a week it always looks good.