ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

shiny shiny paint!

how do i get my paint (white) on my j reg gleaming? t-cut then a wax? or sumin else??? ne help appreiciated. oh and nope cant afford a respray!

t-cut is a bit agressive, try a polish with i microfine grinding agent in it, the label on the back will normally tell you what the polish has in it. i would use t-cut as a last resort as you could make a real mess of the paintwork. i think some places sell restorer for old paintwork which has mild form of cutting agent in it, that would be a better bet

Skoda Fabia vRS

normal polish has a cutting agent in it.......

best to try the lightest first however on an older car the finish is rarely perfect so you will probably end up using t-cut anywayz...or something similar such as auto glym paint restorer....

then apply a good wax.......or a very good polish such as auto glym super resin or zymol.....

GR7

Shiny red R32

Apparently MER has is mildly abrasive and polishes at the same time. It can also be used as a shampoo (so I have heard - I dont use it but I know some who do).

Get a good polish, with as little petroleum distalates as possible. Are you working by hand or RO?

After youve polished, use a glaze like 3Ms Imperial hand glaze. Top off with a good quality pure wax (again, as little petroleum d as possible, avoid stuff like turtle wax, etc).

www.seriousperformance.co.uk has all youll need, Check out P21S paint cleanser and wax. Buy zymol if you want to believe their hype and have money to burn.

face

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Faceman on 21 September 2003

Top off with a good quality pure wax (again, as little petroleum d as possible, avoid stuff like turtle wax, etc).
a proper wax should have no petroleum in it !...

Thats true, it shouldnt. But pure carnauba is as hard as a brick, hence petroleum d is used to soften it. BUT there are diff. levels of P D - the more times it has been distilled to remove impurities the better. Still want as little of it as possible in my waxes. Some of the expensive zymol waxes have very little or no P D, and use natural substances to soften their waxes. HOWEVER, lets not forget, most paint/lacquer has P D in it at some point I believe.

So if youre paranoid about not have P D on your paint, its kind of like saying "Im not putting P D on my P D".

Check out www.autopia.org. Cool site for all things wax.

Face