ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shocked!!! (in a very good way)

Saxo VTS, Clio 172 Silver
Right im not long back from the nurburgring where i took my recently purchased 172 (thanks Barron).

Genuinely im shocked at how well my 172 coped with the rigours. What impressed me most was how well it handled on standard shocks and eibach springs.

I had a heavily sorted vts (now owned by a friend) which was there and they were evenly matched.

So just a post of impressedness (copyrighting that word btw) and to ask if anyone else has had such a revelation when first getting a Renault Sport?

Clio 182 with cup kits
Knew what I was buying but still impressed when I got it. That's why these cars have the reputation, they deserve it.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Shocked?!?!?! you bought the car from me ;) my cars are good

but yeah, epic cars :)

Yeah i did all the reading, all the you tubing everything to get an idea what Renault Sport was about but what you dont get from that is a true feeling of what theyre really about.

Amazed at how neutral it was when seriously pushed, really predictable. In case you hadnt guessed, loving the clio!!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bought my first 172 about 7 or so years ago now and the first weekend I had it I did a track day and was really impressed! So was everyone on the track day too!

Mine was 100% standard too.

R26
basically a rebuilt car should be mint.

glad you like the RS

On Eibachs the clio handles lovely, as good as you can get without spunking loads on a well sorted Coilover setup

Ive honest to god underestimated them for years.

I do however require some new tyres which ive found arent even that much

jacko it is mint, really is. I didnt think it would be as good as it was just on springs but was good enough to the point where i wont be changing it. Just gonna keep on top of wheel allignment and possibly get some camber on the go

That bad? Might give it a miss then i only get to 5-6 track days a year so can easily live without it