ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Short review of my Clio 200 after 10,000 miles

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Bought the car with 10,500 miles on the clock and have just hit 20,500 miles so thought I would share my opinions on here.
My 200 is the standard non-cup option which was one hardest decisions I've ever had to make! Mine is used daily and the local road surfaces are pretty poor and ultimately decided I needed the compromise of the standard chassis. I think over time you always adjust to the handling characteristics of any car and have so far been very impressed with ride in my car, feels like a very good balance for roads local to me. The brakes are brilliant, not too sharp with a lovely progressive feel. The one negative comment would be that steering rack is too slow, especially when flicking through a series of nice bends. Was thinking of fitting a cup rack in the future when I eventually need new ball joints but not sure if it would a straight swap? I have only made one notable puchase for the car and that was 4 Michelin Pilot Sport 4's, the car came with the original Conti's on the rear and Dunlop Maxx rt's on the front. The difference was immediately noticeable, the grip and feel from these tyres is on another planet. Also traction and heavy braking in the wet has greatly improved. Would definitely recommend these tyres and they also look good too. Love the the characteristics of the n/a engine and appreciate it lacks the torque of a turbo but it only really bothers me when carrying weight which is very seldom for me, you just have to anticipate when you need to be in the power band and drop a gear or two! Really enjoy the sound of the engine revving and am impressed with the sound from the original exhaust set-up. I will be purchasing a full Akrapovic system in the future though, can't wait for that! My m.p.g is usually between 26 to 28 around the doors but can achieve 34-35 on a long chilled out drive ( that normally occurs when my lass is with me, she complains otherwise)! I love the look and stance of the 200 and it brings a smile to my face everytime I look at it. Everybody has there own opinions but the modern hot hatches just don't look as appealing to me.
So I can safely say I'm very pleased with my 200 and can't imagine life without it! :cool:

Ph1
Regards to the steering. Wouldn't a good geometry set up improve that? I know on my ph1 getting it adjusted to recommended levels on here improved the turn in by a mile

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Regards to the steering. Wouldn't a good geometry set up improve that? I know on my ph1 getting it adjusted to recommended levels on here improved the turn in by a mile
Will definitely look into that. The car tracks fine and the tyre wear is very even. Just need to find the best place locally to get it done. Cheers

Clio 182
image.jpeg

Maybe I can help with the geo?