ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shortshift differences?!

Clio 172 Ph1.
Is there any difference qaulity wise, between the k-tec and the mb shortshifter?
I would just like to get a polished one, but sadly k-tec doesnt offer this.

RS RIP
Is there any difference qaulity wise, between the k-tec and the mb shortshifter?
I would just like to get a polished one, but sadly k-tec doesnt offer this.

Get the MB one mate; they're doing nice deals now and it's a genuinally good product ! Lifetime guarantee

RS RIP
18072009002.jpg

it's better

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
everyone I know who has a short shifter has gearbox issues and now have to shift at super slow speeds which kinda neutralises the whole point of having one... dont they just wear the synchros out...? look nice though

RS RIP
^^ probably all expecting miracles to happen when fitting such an item..:rolleyes:
It will still mean watching revs when changing , even if the throw is shortened.

It's just a far more accurate shift but rushing it will kill synchros/box with any shifter when not understanding these French gearboxes

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The ktec one ive seen used was so stiff, unusable. Also the circlip kept popping out!