ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shoudnt the 172 feel quicker than this?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Great on track, not sure I would want one as a daily these days though unless I had decent roads to abuse on the way to/back from work. Driving to and from track my little 182 feels so small these days.
You know, I've always said that too but my current 182 van on a standard exhaust and epas is actually very nice to live with! Although I don't daily it, I'm sure I could!

Clio 172
Changed the exhaust mounts today, why renault couldn't have used the common figure of 8 exhaust rubbers is beyond me. I've ordered 40 quid on sparkplugs genuine renault ones as I've heard these engines were built with a specific plug in mind and I've diagnosed the map sensor as an issue as it literally rattles when It should fir snug so an air leak there. Does this part need to be genuine or could I grab an ebay cheapy to plug in? Thanks

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Changed the exhaust mounts today, why renault couldn't have used the common figure of 8 exhaust rubbers is beyond me. I've ordered 40 quid on sparkplugs genuine renault ones as I've heard these engines were built with a specific plug in mind and I've diagnosed the map sensor as an issue as it literally rattles when It should fir snug so an air leak there. Does this part need to be genuine or could I grab an ebay cheapy to plug in? Thanks
Does it have both orings on? They do move about but wont cause an air leak.

Clio 172
Its got both o-rings on, it just idles a bit rough but dies when unplugged. Once cleaned and back in it runs nice for about 5 min then idles rough again. So I'm going to grab another map sensor and try to get some better o-rings to see if it cures it. But not sure whether to go genuine or grab a cheapie off ebay.

JayD

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 (ph2)
I'd try a second hand genuine one. They can be sensitive to cheap non-genuine sensors. Mind you they run lumpy and hesitate a touch in some weather conditions for the first couple of hundred yards while the fuelling is in open loop mode, but once they get a bit of temperature in the coolant they then behave. They do tend to hiccup slightly at idle that said, but shouldn't sound rough).

Clio182
I’ve got a 320d (190bhp) and a 182 and they’re complete opposites in terms of power/torque delivery. BMW low down, Clio 5k+

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Its got both o-rings on, it just idles a bit rough but dies when unplugged. Once cleaned and back in it runs nice for about 5 min then idles rough again. So I'm going to grab another map sensor and try to get some better o-rings to see if it cures it. But not sure whether to go genuine or grab a cheapie off ebay.
I got a genuine 1.6 k4m one 2nd hand, cheap as chips and works fine