ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

should i be worried

clio 182
got a 1.2 tce engine and found this

gasket2.gif

gasket3.gif

gasket1.gif

read in other posts that may be condensation but i drive the car everyday 6miles to work and 6miles back. usually either main roads 40mph or down the lanes at 60mph so not too sure. any help would be great cheers

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Could well be condensation especially in this weather...

Look for common things, heaters not blowing hot air? etc

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Thats condensation.

On my 1.2 i had it more thicker and that was condensation, it when it goes like mayo its the headgasket gone, also watch your water level too,

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Or harmless condensation.

Take it on a decent run. Check the header tank too.

Edit: LOL. Beaten to it by Jay... great minds.

clio 182
heaters seem to be working fine. had to top up coolant earlier but not sure if it was just low so will keep a eye on that. cars still under warrenty so may just roll it down to renault. im assume if i take it up and down the dual carriage way a couple of times and it dont go then it could be head gasket?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
What you could do is clean all the white stuff out, then just keep a eye on it, whats the mileage of the car?

12 miles a day aint a hell of a lot and won't let the car get upto temp as such, give it a blast for half an hour down the Mway or what not.

clio 182
will do cheers guys. only had the car couple weeks so aint really had much time to use it with it being xmas and all. i take it condensation getting in there wont harm anything?

clio 182
usually let the car warm up on drive for 5/10mins before leaving to work. usually a 20min run through lanes to get work to avoid traffic on main road. will give it a good run after weekend and hopefully see a difference. may drop the oil out and give it a change while at it