ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I change my dephaser when doing my cambelt?

Hi all,

I've got my ph2 172 non cup booked in for a cambelt and aux belt on Friday, so I guess tomorrow would be about the latest to get a de phaser pully ordered. Ive done a bit if searching about cambelts etc and read about Dephaser pullys. It's not broken but my cars done 94k and had next to no service history only stamps in the book. I have no idea if the cambelt even needs doing but playing it safe.
I got it about two weeks ago, bought it real cheap with the engine management light on off an older couple (plugged it into my friends fault finder and it came up with misfire, break sensor and cruse control which it doesn't have) so bought it serviced it and light went off. Still needs new rear shocks, front tyres and blow in exhaust sorting. But it's really clean in and out. Think I've got a fairly decent one.

Cheer, Tom

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Offcially no, it's not a serviceable part.

But I think it would be wise to.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
I would! if after you have the belts done its starts making a noise, you have to do it all over again

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yes get it done, not worth the risk tbh

Oh and buy an axu belt kit from Renault and get that replaced as well.

Call Adam for parts - 01902439264

He's super cheap for a genuine dephaser. Doesn't make sense not to do it especially at 94k.

100% get it done. When I bought the Trophy it had just had the belts done - I got them redone along withthe dephaser just a few months later as he didn't bother with it at the time. Bye bye £600+!