ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I Ditch MS Office for iWork?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hello!

I really don't like how MS office on the mac looks.

I also find it really strange to use in comparison to its windows equivalent.

I don't get on with the user interface and in reality, excel mac isn't anything like the one that is on the windows platform.

For these reasons I am considering switching - Question is, is iWork better? Does iWork also come with a mac version of publisher, as I really need something like this too.

I have searched and found threads but nothing really as concrete as what I am asking.

Opinions from those who have used both welcome :)
Luke.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes. Office for Mac always confuses me, its like someone threw the UI at the screen.

Pages and Numbers are AWESOME.

Keynote is better too.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Download the 30 day free trial and give it a go.

http://www.apple.com/iwork/
Thank you sneeks...

Whilst I am here, might it be worth running a dual boot setup instead? Where would be the most reliable source of information for this? Do you know whether it will seriously reduce my mac performance, as its something I have been considering for a while, but obviously haven't done much research on it as of yet.

I made something with iWork and saved it as a powerpoint. Opened it up in Office and it was f**ked. Hmmm.

Same problem. I have both installed on my macbook as its a ball ache if someone sends you something that refuses to work correctly on iWork. I had problem with spreadsheets myself :(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I made something with iWork and saved it as a powerpoint. Opened it up in Office and it was f**ked. Hmmm.
This worries me as I use Power Point loads for university stuff.

I might look in to running a dual boot setup for university stuff... :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I have both on the mac for this very reason, just to check.

I've got both on my Mac but I've started to use Pages more than Word recently. There are some things in Pages that annoy me but on the whole I'm starting to prefer it over it's Microsoft equivalent.