ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I get this repaired for £165

Clio Rs 200T
abd9.jpg}

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
To be honest I really wouldn't bother. You'll just scratch it again somewhere else lol... this is why I never bother repairing little scrapes. Depends how much OCD you have!

RB Clio 182
Id have a go at that 1st myself with some 2000 grade paper and a blast with the da with a selection of compounds and polishes, if it still looked very noticeable, id have to get it done, i couldnt live with that tbh.

I wouldnt pay 165 for that corner blending tho.

Last edited:
  Clio Rs 200T
Cheers for the advice guys I'll try sanding it sometime. The scratch only shows really when the sun is showing on it. Just really annoyed at my self :mad:

I wouldn't bother yet to be honest. If you're a new driver you might have a few bumps and scrapes to come yet anyway.

You'd be more annoying if you spent money to get it done and then did exactly the same thing a couple of months later.

It doesn't even look that bad. I've got much more on my Clio!

Clio Rs 200T
I wouldn't bother yet to be honest. If you're a new driver you might have a few bumps and scrapes to come yet anyway.

You'd be more annoying if you spent money to get it done and then did exactly the same thing a couple of months later.

It doesn't even look that bad. I've got much more on my Clio!

Hope I don't have any more scrapes because I will get killed! It's only about a nail deep but what annoys me is there is like pink bits where the scratches are :S This normal?

RB Clio 182
Hope I don't have any more scrapes because I will get killed! It's only about a nail deep but what annoys me is there is like pink bits where the scratches are :S This normal?

If it hasnt gone all the way though to the plastic, you will be able to get it out if you are careful, where you from mate?

RB Clio 182
If you were closer i would have done it for you, im positive i could get that looking a lot less noticeable.

Jesus Christ at everyone jumping in and saying wet sanding straight away. Try and polish it out first op, see how good it looks after that, bit of Farecla G3 is ideal.

BTW £165 is cheap if he's removing, stripping and painting the whole bumper.

If the price includes VAT , for a full bumper, removed / refitted without a lacquer blend then its fairly cheap IMO. Leave it well alone, dont wet sand it thats for sure, if its factory paint you will have to breath on the edges for it to go through. The most id do is a little polishing compound, avoid a smart repairer, they are a VERY mixed bag unless you know they will do it properly and in controlled conditions.

Cheers,
Si @ SS

Clio Rs 200T
Jesus Christ at everyone jumping in and saying wet sanding straight away. Try and polish it out first op, see how good it looks after that, bit of Farecla G3 is ideal.

BTW £165 is cheap if he's removing, stripping and painting the whole bumper.

Yeah it was with bumper removal stripping painting ill order some of that G3 product next week some time :)