ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I or shouldn't I?

Hello everyone, I'm new here and was just after a bit of advice.. I'm thinking about buying a 53 plate Renaultsport Clio, but am slightly concerned about the mpg....I have to drive a 90 mile round trip to work each day (mainly motorways) and was just wondering what mpg other people get from their Clio's on motorways, and also, if its going to be practical in any way for this sort of driving. Cheers.

Z4 Roadster
yup, you'll happily see 40mpg on a motorway. :)

I do a fair amount of driving, which includes various weeks of 100+miles each day, which I've completed with no fuss - the motor is more than suitable for such work. AND, it when you're not on a boring motorway, it's great :)

Burgandy 174 sport t
from Skegness to Glasgow via Newcastle I got a reading of 39mpg sitting mostly at 80 on the motorway

350Z and 172 Cup
even when I drive quite quickly on the motorway I still get 40mpg - dont get overtaken much! Buy one, great all round car. Comfortably seats 4 people and still pretty quick then. Cheap to run and loadsa fun!

RenaultSport clio 172
I get 37 on short trips in and around town you have to buy one, just saw off my friend's 4motion golf did lower the MPG though !!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Buy one. I bought a P1 wary of fuel consumption and its not half as bad as I expected. Only live once, go for it :)

go for it mate, i get about 300 miles to the tank, but i rag it regularly, when i head down to glasgow, i get about 350-400 miles

Dyson
I get 27.5 on avr. The Mrs drives during the week (short stop start driving) and I thrash it at weekends!!!
It never goes on long drives.
But i don't care cos its sooooooooooooo much fun!
You've gotta get one

Last edited:
  Golf GTI PP Mk7
yeah i drive like a bit of a granny due to the amount of miles i do, came from nottingham to kettering yesterday and was sat at 44mpg, and that was the back(ish)roads thrui melton mowbraw etc, not down the M1. get one mate.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I get 42 mpg on a steady run on the motorway. But usually when the floor drops below half, i give it some stick, never see it below 38 mpg though.

Tyson.