ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I

Sell the Cup to buy and Scooby STI (new). I could probably get one in 6 months but not sure if it will be as much fun. Any thoughts ???

Quote: Originally posted by swelch on 05 May 2004

Sell the Cup to buy and Scooby STI (new). I could probably get one in 6 months but not sure if it will be as much fun. Any thoughts ???
No, Subaru Impreza WR1..

Soooooooooo niceeeeee.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

your running costs will double!!

Scoobs are brill, but do you really need a 4x4 that does 15mpg and group 12 million insurance??

Renault Laguna Coupe

^^^ yup, what he said. Just because theyre relatively cheap these days doesnt mean theyre cheap to run like a Clio.

Im quite keen on the V6 Clio. But the Scooby WRX STI is quicker, cheaper and it has rear seats. I will probably able to afford either of them.

I looked at the Evo VIII as well, but the service intervials are 4500 miles and that I recon is silly and impractical. Scooby is 10000 miles between services and the first 3 are quite cheap (£147, £200, £300) The only one that is dearer is the Cambelt service at £600 and that is cheaper than the Cup at dealer (£650). Fuel wise, I will be reducing my outgoins so I will be able to afford to pay a bit more for fuel. As for insurance the Scooby is grp 20 and the Cup is a grp 17, so probably only a couple of hundred a year more.

What a dilema Im in !

I looked at Evos they are off the shopping list due to 45oomile service intervals.

Im not looking at 2nd hand Scoobys Ill be looking at the 305BHP 2004 model.

Just seen the "Spec C STI", it looks pretty mean, its lighter by 125KGs and more power. Could be a good choice I think.