ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your boot builds (Audio)

W

Willy

Hi

Lets see all your audio set ups then ;) I cant start as I dont have one!

Never above 25mpg
image070dk6.jpg

Used to be what I had in my boot

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I'm starting my install this weekend but for now just putting a box in the boot. Will keep this thread bookmarked for inspiration.

Ideally I want a false floor - interesting to see how popular that option is...

1.2 Clio
I like it loud, before the critics attack!!! Tuned to 40 hz. Just under 4 cu ft. The apsolute max really of the clio boot, unless you build above the parcel shelf too. I intend to try this when i do my next build ( bandpass )
SN200202.jpg

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I like it loud, before the critics attack!!! Tuned to 40 hz. Just under 4 cu ft. The apsolute max really of the clio boot, unless you build above the parcel shelf too. I intend to try this when i do my next build ( bandpass )
<snip>

Holy...

Where do you have your amp/s?

1.2 Clio
Lol rather.
Behind it on the back of the bench seat. Mounted they just miss the back of the sub, due to the angle of the bench itself. Followed the guide on fubar!

EDIT: can get a little warm around there. When i get my new amp ( JBL GTO1201.1 ) i will install a set of fans in push pull around the back to move some air about! ( on a relay so they turn on when the remote output on the HU is on )

Last edited:
  Coiley'd Clio PH2
Just a simple Sub in a box does the job for me at the mo.
Made a false floor for it to sit on aswell.
Packs quite a punch tbh.

P1130009.jpg

P1130010.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
mine is a work in progress, only just got my new sub today. it will be along the lines of the one i made with my bro for his saxo but probably without the amp window

boot1.jpg

PH2 172
SN200202.jpg

That looks f**king stupid lmfao

vaux cavalier
SN200202.jpg

That looks f**king stupid lmfao

May look a little odd to you, but to me it looks looouuud and well designed....

I like threads like this, it gives an insight into whos doing what....

Just a shame I own a Cavalier.....

1.2 Clio
May look a little odd to you, but to me it looks looouuud and well designed....

I like threads like this, it gives an insight into whos doing what....

Just a shame I own Cavalier.....

I never posted up this on TA did i... hmmmm.... yeh streetbassers.co.uk helped me design it. Well told me what to do really. I pushed the numbers into BBP6.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
work in progress for me, should be ready soon though i cant wait.
started doing the wiring on mine tonight, got lots to do and ive got some days off work so im going to crack on. sound deadening, mdf baffles, removing dash for tweeters, building a new install for the amp and the sub in the boot. loads i dont know where to begin

Works...kind of...
Do you really want to see it?

4c1b4662.jpg

Old pic as I've changed the Maystar amp for an SPL Dynamics S1200 now.

'91 Clio RT =D
I will take a photo of mine after I charge the battery :( for some reason my boot doesnt want to open with the key any more

Clio 1.2 16V
image070dk6.jpg

Used to be what I had in my boot

This looks SCHWEEET!

IS this just a false floor with sub and amp underneath? You still have access to your spare wheel because its on the left. Did you use a shallow sub? WHat do you do about the box and that. If you could give me any advice id be greatful because this looks awsome.

Thanks

Tom

clio 1.2 16v,
hears mine all hand made. by..... the mrs :)

clioproject003-1.jpg

clioproject005-1.jpg

clioproject026.jpg

plain and simple and small with a nice kick with 4 pioneer 13cm all round the doors

Never above 25mpg
IS this just a false floor with sub and amp underneath? You still have access to your spare wheel because its on the left. Did you use a shallow sub? WHat do you do about the box and that. If you could give me any advice id be greatful because this looks awsome.

Cheers Tom. It's basically the MDF top with three pine lengths. Two on each side and one at the front.

The amp was underneath until I drilled little holes and put it on top just incase it went wrong and I could do it quickly.

And in light of the spare wheel in the pine length nearest the boot opening we made a cut so it would accept the rise of the boot carpet on top of the spare wheel.

Whereabouts in the country do you live Tom? I don't have this in my car anymore as I took the sub out and it's just taking up unwanted space in my garage..;)

Clio 1.2 16V
I was told you should not mount the amp on the sub box, Am i correct in thinking this makes a difference?

Clio 1.2 16V
Cheers atm I just have the sub sitting in the boot in a box, Lazy install I know.

I live in surrey near Gatwick Airport.

Tom

Never above 25mpg
Didnt really affect the bass the sub put out! it was only a ten inch Kenwood so I didnt have it for thumping bass.

Made the floor so it was convenient.

The sub gave enough quality without sounding chavvy. The flat surface meant I could chuck stuff in the back still and the underside meant I could hide stuff if I needed to take the parcel shelf out.

ibiza cupra
heres few pics of mine that i made the full thing is in the guides if you fancy a butchers
box100.gif

Image036.gif

Image032.gif

Box07.gif

Box33.gif

Box63.gif

box80.gif

and after i got some stickers made...
box93.gif

Last edited: