ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show us your clocks ;)

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Looking for some inspiration on what to do with the clocks in the BG, be that LED conversion or painted inserts/carbon what have you.

Much appreciated folks

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Carbon and anthracite on my old BG, metallic graphite grey on my current RB.

2016-10-28_10-19-48.jpg
2016-10-28_10-20-19.jpg
2016-10-28_10-16-56.jpg

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
I can see a day of inlet/engine cover/clock surrounds painting ahead.

Difficult at all?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, ive just done the exact same!

No not really. Its a dash top removal job. There is a guide on here. Then you unplug the 2 clock plugs, t10 torx for the back screws, unclip the screen and then use a small flat screwdriver to prize off the surround around the edges.

Scuff, primer, paint, lacquer, flatten and polish and refit. Mine just popped back in the clock surround. Try to not knock the needles. If you do, plug the clocks back into the loom and start it up, adjusting to suit where it was originally. Best to take a pre pic.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Brilliant mate thanks a bunch, just trying to find little things to do to put my stamp on it you know

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Your welcome.

Oh yeah, i totally get that. The interior is personal, but the engine will always look better with paint.

Have a look a my thread if you get time as ive recently painted my engine parts the same colour as my dash strips and clock bezel. You can get a better idea of the colour that way.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
PLCC2 SMDs. 10 in number if I recall correctly.

If you're at least half decent with a soldering iron then it's alright.

I think there's a guide on here too.

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
Cheers,
Been a while since I've soldered anything so might give that a miss, the painting however is a go.