ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show us your track cars!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
13417683_10154364472074756_4603902579260075812_n_zpszc0iechh.jpg

IMG_2141_zpsgfubdu78.jpg

Few more bits to do on it over the next year, but as is it is very good and makes me smile!!

R26.R & 200T
I've always preferred the the gen3, main reason being it has the sequential gear shifter instead of the flappy paddles in the gen4, the sequential gearbox makes you feel more involved with the driving of the car. In terms of the difference in driving characteristics.. the gen3's are a lot stiffer and less forgiving. When they let go, they let go quickly and you have to be on the ball to catch a slide, where as the the gen4's tend to roll slightly more and are easier to throw about and catch the slides. When I raced the gen3 we were on michelin slicks which were so much better than the dunlop's we use on the gen4 in the UK Clio Cup.
Thanks for the question mate!

Im sure ive seen that modified gen3 for sale somewhere recently..?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
68.77 very nice, what spec are you running ?
438 cams, koni shocks + cooksports ( limiting factor ) , gripper diff and a nutcase in the pilots seat
There is an easy 67. something in it if I nailed each sector, and a late 66. with stiffer springs and poly bushes..

Renault Clio 172 Cup
438 cams, koni shocks + cooksports ( limiting factor ) , gripper diff and a nutcase in the pilots seat
There is an easy 67. something in it if I nailed each sector, and a late 66. with stiffer springs and poly bushes..
Is that at harewood? Recognise the corner but can't put my finger on it.
Sorry if you've said already and I'm being blind

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Final bend just after Quarry corner,
I remember seeing your car develop on Rallye Register,
Im guessing you were at Loton last week when my mates from Aston Martin were there?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Final bend just after Quarry corner,
I remember seeing your car develop on Rallye Register,
Im guessing you were at Loton last week when my mates from Aston Martin were there?
That's the bend!! I've been the wrong side of the bollards on that bend more than once haha
Yeah I was there! Was it one of the db5s or the new Aston wrapped white and green?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
That's the bend!! I've been the wrong side of the bollards on that bend more than once haha
Yeah I was there! Was it one of the db5s or the new Aston wrapped white and green?
Tom was in the wrapped gt4 aston vantage race car, Andy was in the e30 bmw

Ph1 172 turbo
  • Engine has been turbo'd running 276bhp. With megane pistons and supertech valves. Currently away getting LSD and EPAS fitted.
  • Wilwood 4pots
  • Custom cages roll cage
  • Gaz coilover
  • Poly bushed
  • Whiteline rarb
  • Ktec engine mounts
Struggle to remember everything to be honest. Got pure Motorsport slash cut exhaust system delivered the other day just waiting to get car back to fit it.

Need to stop buying things now and drive it more often.