ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show Your Home Theater

SQ5
And here's today's efforts .. Excuse the missing curtain

5yby2any.jpg

sutumavy.jpg

Please finish that boxing so it's straight!

Inferno 182 CUP
Ah yeah .. It was lol then I fitted a brace bar which keeps it tight. Needs filling sanding and painting now!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
How do soundbars compare to a proper set up?

Do you still really need a sub as well.. kindda want mine all with a few less wires and boxes!

Mini JCW
The speakers seem a little underwhelming in relation to the screen - also placed too high? Thought ear height was the ideal (though I may be wrong).

What projector are you running it with? (if you haven't already mentioned).

Inferno 182 CUP
They pack a big enough punch and they were all that was in my budget. I'm not a fan of huge floor standers! Optoma HD25

2014 Focus Titanium
Good effort Danny, I would like a set up like that myself in my next house.

The centre speaker would ideally want to be below the screen but in your case that wouldn't be appropriate as there's nowhere to place it on.

Inferno 182 CUP
Yes mate that was my problem. Didn't have a choice really it has to go up there. Wouldn't say it was bad though!

SQ5
My B&W CCM665's turned up today, cannot wait to install them! Just need to sort an AVR now, more than likely going for a Pioneer VSX-923.

SQ5
Our showroom Cinema Room is coming together little by little. Got the rest of the colour change LED lights working this week.

eqa3ebah.jpg

E92 325D
Want!!

Beats the projector in the games room back at my parents. Im so stealing the gear when i move into my own place.

SQ5
Were using a Sony VPL-VW90, it's about 18 months old but still epic. You can see how bright the room is and that picture is still pretty damn good!

Just warming projector up and I'll get a dark photo.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Yea thats a pretty sick room.
Have you turned a bedroom into that, or is it like a second living room?

Lancia Integrale
I've gone for the sonos playbar- £50 off and a free bridge at richer sounds :) will start my install this weekend- pics to follow. Anyone recommend where to get 2m long hdmi cables?

SQ5
HDMI's from amazon for a few quid.

I've nearly finished my install! Just waiting on AVR and getting the Downlights in!

Lancia Integrale
HDMI's from amazon for a few quid.

I've nearly finished my install! Just waiting on AVR and getting the Downlights in!

Cool- didn't know if there was quality differences in the cables :) is there a set height people are putting there TV's on the wall?
Also has anyone else carried out a sonos install?

SQ5
Cool- didn't know if there was quality differences in the cables :) is there a set height people are putting there TV's on the wall?
Also has anyone else carried out a sonos install?

There isn't really anything noticeable on short distances.

TV height, in my opinion, shouldn't be high at all. Centre of the TV should be horizontal eye height when sitting down.

Sonos is relatively easy to install, especially if you only have a sound bar and bridge. We install it almost daily!

Lancia Integrale

TV height, in my opinion, shouldn't be high at all. Centre of the TV should be horizontal eye height when sitting down.

Sonos is relatively easy to install, especially if you only have a sound bar and bridge. We install it almost daily!

Cheers bud! I've heard some mixed opinions on the sonos playbar but it did sound good when I demo'd it and does everything I need it to do :)

E92 325D
Were using a Sony VPL-VW90, it's about 18 months old but still epic. You can see how bright the room is and that picture is still pretty damn good!

Just warming projector up and I'll get a dark photo.

Certainly looks stunning, and the purple light really compliments it.

The projector we have is a Sanyo PLV-Z5. Shes getting on a bit now with plenty of hours on it but it is STILL going strong. Bulb here waiting for when it finally goes pop.

Ill try and get a picture when im next home.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

+1 on that. Hate it when people mount their TVs above fire places. Just ridiculously high! Mines around 1000mm to the bottom of the TV, with a slight tilt downward too. Perfect height when sat on the sofa

Lancia Integrale
+1 on that. Hate it when people mount their TVs above fire places. Just ridiculously high! Mines around 1000mm to the bottom of the TV, with a slight tilt downward too. Perfect height when sat on the sofa

Yep just measured my up- looks low down on the wall but it's perfect when sat on the sofa, around 900mm to bottom of the tv (40" Samsung 6300 led) putting the sonos playbar underneath all wires hidden in the wall :)

DB.

BMW 440i

Same here, agree + 1 million! The centre of the tv needs to be level with eye height when sitting down!

SQ5
So we moved in 5 weeks ago and on the first day I basically got started running lighting cables, speaker cables, coax and cat6.

Got the bedroom done first with TV on the wall so we had somewhere habitable!

upybasut.jpg

Not really home theatre but part of the whole system.

I then finally got to start downstairs last week. First thing was getting the Bowers & Wilkins CCM665's in the ceiling, 5 of these for surround sound but the room is a bit of a funny shape, so perfect spot is basically the front hall door! But it'll be fine.

Then last weekend I started building the TV unit it is made to sit on the floor but I wanted it floating. Had my dad make some strong L brackets and then mounted these to the wall. They are three individual units. Everything was spaced off of the wall for ventilation aswell as LED tape light that will eventually go around the whole thing.

The back panel is spaced and also houses the cables nicely without need the wall plastered again!

Then this weekend we had enough money to finally put the Downlights in, hence the first photo being a bit orange. Went for a pure white and it's worked a treat.

Currently got Sky Box and Xbox 360 hooked up and my boss has kindly bought me a Denon AVRX2000 AVR for a Christmas/engagement/house warming present. Should see that next week!

2u6a2uju.jpg

re9y6yva.jpg

egademun.jpg

u3u8eba4.jpg

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Hi Danny nice looking room! The unit, did you buy it and modify it to float or build it completely from scratch?

chris

SQ5
Cheers all.

Missus wanted tree up on the first and it made the room a bit more cosy! That picture makes the room look tiny?!

The cabinets are all Ikea and in the besta/framsta range. I just got the brackets made and fitted it all together and onto the wall!