ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show Your Home Theater

Meg 225
Ok, so i have another hobby besides the clio which is watching movies/bluray concerts. I was wondering if there are others on here that got some High End Audio stuff so start posting pic's of your stereo/home cinema sets with spec's!
Spec's of mine:
- Panasonic 3D plasma screen
- Pioneer SC-LX 73 Receiver
- 2x B&W CM8 front speakers
- B&W CM-center
- 2x B&W CM1 rear surround speakers
- Speaker cable: Canare 4S-11
- Subwoofer: SVS SB12-NSD
- InAKustik Reference Power Bar AC-1502-P6
- HDMI 1.4 leads
- Playstation 3
- XBOX 360
- MAC MINI 2011 model with 1.5TB external HD

The Furniture where all the equipment is in is handmade too my own specific wishes, push to open doors and air vents so the receiver doesn't get overheated.

P1070227.jpg

P1070230.jpg

P1030464.jpg

3993-SB12_NSDFRONT_big.jpg

Comments are welcome!

Octy VRS
Nice willy waving. I love B&W myself, always great depth and awesome bass. You need a rug.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
My setup, not going to be as special as some but I am a student:

Toshiba 32xv505d 32"Full HD
NAD C Series Amplifier
NAD C Series Cd Player
NAD C Series Tuner
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Bookshelf Speakers
Playstation 3
and arrived today Atomic Floyd Superdart Earphones

fc3b7bf5.gif

bbbcd513.gif

SQ5
love B&W such epic stuff much better than that bose stuff

Lol at even comparing the two.

Install B&W speakers daily, superior speakers. Just got their 12" cinema sub in the showroom, forget model number, CV12 something, it's epic!

I miss having a proper setup. Mainly had music setup which was

Naim CD5
Naim NAC32
Naim NAP140
Epos M12

AV setup was Denon AVR3200 with mission m73 fronts and matching centre and rears. Were too big though so swapped them for mission Fs1 nxt panel system and sub.

Still using the denon and nxt speakers in the garage on radio duties.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Although not quite as epic as some this is mine and I like it:rasp:.

LG PK590 50" Plasma
Denon 1803 AV amp (hopefully replacing next year!)
Tannoy SFX 5.1 speakers
Paradigm PS series Sub (which shakes the house lol)
QED Micro Wire
Virgin V+ box
Xbox 360
Logitech Harmony One remote
Acer Laptop
3x Phillips Living Colours gen2 Remote Control Lights (For epic lighting adjustment)

2011-11-28213434.jpg

2011-11-28212025.jpg

Epic kit Paul! You on AVF?

I changed my TV in July from another 3D Plasma, but the rest of the gear is 2+ years old now. I'm itching to spend a few £k on new sound, but until my bloody house move goes through I can't. I'd love a proper set up.

Current kit;

Samsung 51" 3D Plasma
Onkyo SR576 + kit speakers & sub
Apple TV / PS3 / 360 / Wii / 4TB Media PC

85a868e8.gif

Old picture, missing the PC, ATV and new TV.
IMG_85981.gif

This thread could drive me mad :dapprove:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I love those Living Colours lamps. Mine broke a few weeks ago :(

Unlucky:dapprove:
I had a Gen1 and one Gen2 but the other week I got another 2 Gen2's so I could sync them all to the one remote. Love them and the new version of the Gen2 comes with a much better remote now that gives you far more control:).

They're not cheap for what they are but you have to have them to appreciate how good and worth it they are. 3 of them lights the room really well too! Pictures don't really do them justice:(.

Meg 225
B&W's are epic, i'll post ours up when i got time, B&W also :)
Do that! Which series do you have?

Heated flooring?
Nope, cold feet here lol

I changed my TV in July from another 3D Plasma, but the rest of the gear is 2+ years old now. I'm itching to spend a few £k on new sound, but until my bloody house move goes through I can't. I'd love a proper set up.

Current kit;

Samsung 51" 3D Plasma

85a868e8.gif

IMG_85981.gif

I'm not on AVF mate, i'm on so many forums at once (cliosport.net, staffordshire bull terrier forum, dutch clio club, dutch HT forum, DW) lol but i do look there every now and then for some reviews etc.
My set costed a shitload of money but should be there for a while so hopefully that should justify the costs!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Lol at even comparing the two.

Install B&W speakers daily, superior speakers. Just got their 12" cinema sub in the showroom, forget model number, CV12 something, it's epic!

everyone seems to say bose this and bose that.

pick a speak up they are made from paper, no weight to them at all. not good for bass

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
There's an old review kicking around on the net saying my Tannoy were better than the Bose Cubes at the time that cost 3x the price. What ever type of speaker your after there's always far better options for less money. They should spend more on R&D than they do on advertising...

Makes me want to change all my gear for newer s**t.

Samsung UE55D8000 TV
Yamaha RX-V1065 amp
Mission M74i floorstanders and matched centre (from 2002)
Mission m78ds surrounds (similar age)
Yamaha YST320 sub ( also very old)

Most of my stuff apart from the amp and TV is seriously old but still sounds seriously good. Fronts are bi-amped. Quality cables all round, everything banana plugged.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Nothing wrong with old kit. I still have similar vintage speakers to you - Mission m71 on atacama stands. Going back a few years earlier than that I bought, and still have, a Marantz CD63

Would love to invest in a proper surround setup instead of my Sony 1 box system:(

Octy VRS
Cr33do said:
Nothing wrong with old kit
My old man has Quad gear, must be well over 20 years old but it still sounds amazing. He's got these weird electrostatic speakers, look like radiators. I'm hoping they are in his will.

Meg 225
Could anyone recommend a decent sub please?

What's do you want to do with it? 80%movies 20%music for example? Also depends on room size!
I have just bought myself the SVS SB12-NSD which is a sealed sub and more intended for music, but it still makes the house shake when watching a movie lol

Z4
Loving the ops setup, very cool.

No photos of my setup as it's still in my bedroom, will be moving out around May time and I can't wait to have a proper setup!

Really want some KEF floor standers...

Amarok
95% music.

Pretty basic set up at the moment, Onkyo 308 reciever, Tannoy V1's and just picked up the warfdale 9.1's for £39.99 (bargain) for the rears. Now crying out for a reasonably priced sub....

Evo 6, E92 320d
Set aside some Acoustic Energy aegis neo3 v2's at work today, not the best in the world but reviews are good and i'm getting a fair price :).

Audi TT 225 Quattro
My setup as it stands consist of :

- Panasonic 46" pz85b ( Full pixal to pixal hd , 24fps, NO 3D )
- Yamaha RX-V1800 Hd amp
- Mission 773e Front speakers ( bi-amped )
- Mission 77c2 Centre speaker
- Mission 77ds Surrond speaker ( have 4 but only using 2 due to space and bi-amping fronts )
- Rel Q150e Subwoofer ( 150w 20hz, real mans sub ;) )
- Denon DVD players ( 2910mk2 + 2800mk2 )
- Playstation 3
- Target audio stands
- £££'s in QED speaker and HDMI, Optical cables
- Sky + HD

Its not changed much in a few years as im very happy with it all, next big upgrade will be speakers BUT im in no real rush to change them as they don't even get used to anywhere near their full potential at the sec.... need a much bigger room for that lol .

pic a few years back
newtv044.jpg

and now ...
001-4.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
Simple is better. Some of these look a bit too much/star trekish.

Needs to be homely/comfy at the same time! CJ's is spot on for my preferences!

I'm not a fan of TVs mounted high up, especially high up on walls. Looking up FTL.

IMO a TVs vertical centre should be inline with your eyes when sitting down on your sofa. Seen a few setups with high mounted displays, and whilst you do get used to it to an extent, it's far from ideal. It would surely seem especially out of place in a driving seat?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Mine is'nt too high at all imo, the bottom of the screen is 34" from the floor, top is 33" from the roof so pretty center., i did mess about with placements when putting it up and felt how i have it now was the best for me... When sitting down on the seat/wheel my line of sight is just under the center of the screen, when on the sofa/bed it is pretty much dead center for line of sight :)

Clio
Theres mine...
DSCF0003.jpg

Tv isn't that high, eye level is probably in line with the bottom of the screen when sat down. It is perfect height for the Mrs though when she is putting the vacuum round.

Dan.AS

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 & Mk2 GTE 16v

Current kit;

Samsung 51" 3D Plasma

85a868e8.gif

IMG_85981.gif

I've got the exact same TV in my bedroom. Got it on Monday from currys. It's ace.

monaco blue 172 ..
all look like waiting rooms lol not homely at all. just my opinion , lovely cold feet in winter on the laminates pmsl