ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

side exit

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
as mat-nos put the idea in my head last night, any one know how easy it is to fit a side exit on a clio 1.2?

Chocolate Bar™
I assume your talking about exhaust? not easy or practical iirc. will also sound rough as fook and prob melt the side of your car lol

may also have issues with spare wheel well

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
My mates got a twin, twin side exit exhaust, if that makes sense. Sounds awesome but was a b**ch to build.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
cliobuyer said:
Until you revealed you had had a 1.2 litre engine.
pretty obvious its a 1,2 lol

pretty much ever one puts a exhaust on a car, side exit's arnt just for high power cars you know.
im making mine look pretty, if i wanted a 172 i could have got one but i decided i wanted a hologram grey so 1.2 it was.

Chocolate Bar™
i wouldnt go for it to be honest, but fair play to you for wanting to try summit different, why not have a word with your local powerflow, or someone similar dealer and see what he says?

Black Clio GT
powerflow did mine hun, what they will need to do is build a custom one from cat back with possibly 2 silencers in the middle section before whichever tail pipe you pick, it may need to be heat wrapped if it goes near the fuel tank/brake lines!!
a small oval would look nice comming out at 45 degrees.........

i would put whatever side skirts your having, on 1st though tbh
and dont let anyone rip you off, dont pay anything more than £300!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
mat - are you the guy that came to the nurburgring ono the easter cliosport trip a while back? Light blue clio...

taylor said:

pretty much ever one puts a exhaust on a car, side exit's arnt just for high power cars you know.
im making mine look pretty, if i wanted a 172 i could have got one but i decided i wanted a hologram grey so 1.2 it was.

you could of got a 172, but decided you'd take a 1.2 instead becasue you like the colour:headno::quiet: you can only be female!

taylor would get it..
i wanted a side exit on my valver aso the b*****d would stop knocking on the rear beam but they sound herroundous.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
taylor said:

haha yeah right:S

www.renparts.co.uk
taylor said:

You were looking at 172's the other week but insurance was too expensive IIRC, so you do want one yes. Side exit will look daft, keep it stealth i say.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yeah the insurance is too much more than i can justify, if i really wanted i could just about aford it.but ive spent alot on my 1.2

182 and 5 GTT
Would look cool, but would be loud as fook. Wouldnt be hard to fit. Alot of people on rtoc are running side exits on there 5's but they are only loud on full chat because the turbo acts as a muffler or something.

Chocolate Bar™
you copying off me again taylor ;)

i've got a slealth, and would recommend it to anyone. Lovely sound, and keeps the back end nice and tidy. cost me 280 quid from powerflow

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Middo said:
you copying off me again taylor ;)

i've got a slealth, and would recommend it to anyone. Lovely sound, and keeps the back end nice and tidy. cost me 280 quid from powerflow

didnt even know you had one lol...
plus our cars look nothing like

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i know lol, we need to get a pic of ours side by side, on paper they sound the same be funny to see how they differ in real life

Chocolate Bar™
true, they really are different in the pics! you need to get your carbon first, and wait till i get my new rims, then get your 'sen to a bloody meet! I'm really likin the way your cars going though, your trying new things with good results, way forward imo!

what plans have you got for her next? (apart from exhaust ob ;))