ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side Light and Indicators in One Bulb...hear me out!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I am making an cold air feed that runs through the main beam on the Ph1, but the hose will block the side light bulb and it wont be seen. I have looked at cutting a second hole in the light unit for it but it requires a lot of cutting and then I am not sure it will work.
My brother then mentioned why not wire up the indicators to the side lights but put a resistor in to make them dimmer and then apparently you can make them still flash 100% brightness (not sure how tbh), similar to Range Rovers and 5-series BMWs.
Digging around I came across these:
http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com/combined-side-and-indicator-bulbs-shop.php
Looks like things for classic cars that never had indicators - an LED bulb with white and orange parts. Sounds promising!
But what I am confused about is the bulb holder. What are all the numbers and codes about?! Does anyone know if they will fit the Clio? I do not mind having to splice them into the wiring loom (cut the old one off and wire the new one in place).
What I am expecting is to have the new blub holder wire the side light and indicator into the right connections, put this bulb in and then put back into the existing hole in the light unit. I just don't know what the codes mean and what fitment the Clio is.

Or any other suggestions in getting the side light bulb to work (I still want lights in the car as it is used in the dark, otherwise I would just fit light blanks with a hole cut in)