ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side-mount/seat question

220 Trophy
Is there normally anything between the side-mount and the seat itself, i.e a penny washer, or even a thicker washer, or are the side-mounts bolted directly to the seat? Thanks.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Yea side mounts directly to the seat.

You could put a washer in place if the bolts were too big but if they came with the seat then they will be fine.

220 Trophy
Thanks Christopher. The side-mounts are a bit of a hybrid/own design (machine shop made) as they bolt directly to the chassis using the original bolt holes that the original seats used. So I don’t actually know if they ever were meant to bolt directly to the seat. I suppose a penny washer wouldn't do any harm, it was more if there should be say a 10mm spacer in-between, or similar?

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Get some pictures up of them mate. Its good to see how others have done it. I wanted to do something similar but the different heights of the original holes pi$$ed me off.

Mine use a cobra X-low subframe on a set of OMP sliders with OMP side mount then the Bimarco. Bit of a bodge to get all that to fit together but it works :)

220 Trophy
Coincidentally it was Bimarcos that I used to have. JMS originally fitted these to the OEM sliders using Bimarco side-mounts and custom brackets. There was always a 12mm spacer in-between the side-mount and seat. I have since removed the OEM sliders and bolted the whole lot directly to the floor. And have now fitted a RS Sabelt Taurus which is quite a bit thinner, to cut a long story short I'm having some custom 36mm spacers made up and might actually end up spacing the side-mount out from the brackets and then screw the side-mount directly to the seat (possibly with a penny washer in-between) rather than spacing the seat out from the side-mount. If any of that made sense?! The reason for all this is that my lap-straps are now catching on the side-mounts.

220 Trophy
42mm long spacers (25mm OD, I have milled the ID out a bit to 8mm now so can't remember what they were originally, possibly 6mm as they screwed to the old OEM slider) as the centre sides of the OEM sliders, and now my 'brackets', bolt to the flat section of the floor directly either side of the handbrake. The outside sides of the sliders, and now my brackets, are bolted to the raised box sections in the floor. These box sections are 42mm lower than the floor either side of the handbrake - if that made any sense?!

220 Trophy
The OEM seat rails must've made up the 42mm difference, so when JMS fitted my old Bimarcos they had to make up the difference on the outside sides with the alloy spacers. Now I've removed the sliders and bolted everything to the floor I've just re-used the spacers and everything is still level (well I think it is!!).