ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side trim removal?

sorting a few things before FCS and one for sure is the rattling rear quarter side trims.

I asked for local renault dealer who is a superb dealership about this and he said that you pull it off snapping the clips in the process, and refit it with new clips.

8 a side @ 59p each. Ive ordered these but has anyone any experience of removing these?

they rattle like mad when i have my music on so need to pack behind them with double sided trim tape.

anyone help??

Chocolate Bar™
i had the same problem and unfortunatly it is a bit of an arse and you will need new clips. its simple but very fiddly and you just have to percivere.

i assume your talking about the interior pieces btw

Civic Type-R
You might find that its the plastic covers over the speakers that are rattling, thats what I found on mine. I took them off and then put some dynamat down underneath where the poppers clip in, them put them back on. Sorted out the rattles :) Just a thought.

K20 EG Hatch
mine do it and i cant be arsed to do anything about it lol. I know after tomorow when its down on the coilovers it will start rattling in other places lmfao...

Monaco Blue Mk2
my172littleponies said:
no the outside rear quarter panel trims. that follow on from the door trims

Well you should be able to take them off without without snapping the clips...it just slide forwards (with the front door open)

i thought it might just slide forward but you would be having a laugh, ive had a lot of hassle trying to remove these without causing damage. I might just pull them off and hope for the best, ill have some new clips ;)

Didn't think you could buy the new clips for the exterior side trims, if you look at the clips on them, they look like they're moulded in as part of the actual trim

As Blue4ever said, they should just slide forwards with the door open (sometimes they need a good push if they've not been off for a while!)

ive ordered some and my local dealer who is superb and i use regular told me that their bodyshop guys are always coming to parts for these clips when they remove them. So i ordered some.

ill let you know how i get on.

Yeah i'd be interested to know. I bought some mk2 strips for my mk1 but never fitted them as the clips were broken and didn't think you could change them so if you get them to work that'd be great

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
lol they jusy slide forward with a bit of force and the front doors open, if the cars in the bodyshop then it proberly had a smash thats why they need new clip?

Octavia VRS
yeh they should just slide off. I took mine off on the drivers side because they were rattling. I had to use some force to get the bump strip off the driver door and may have damaged one clip. But I put it back on and it's stopped rattling now and looks to be secure :)

Took mine off today for colour coding, take the badge off the front of it, and slide it backwards about an inch or so, then comes off easily!

They do come off but not easily.

The clips on mine are moulded so have no idea what you have ordered!

the doors are easy - if you open the door you will see a black rubber gromit at the same height as the strips - pull this out then with a screwdriver you need to push the plastic clip inwards then slide the strip forwards (you will see two clips - you need the lower one) if you dont you will snap the clip. The clips are all attached to the strips and cannot be replaced - I found all this out 2 weeks ago as my bump strips were nicked!

www.renparts.co.uk
just push the rear quarter trims towards the front of the car. The attachement method are clips which are moulded with the trim, if you pull it off you will need a new trim. Just be patient and slide them forward.

its the rears im stuck with.

I want to know what the parts people have ordered me as well??

Ill have a look after ive watched the Leeds match

C'mon!!

www.renparts.co.uk
timsclio172 said:
the rears have clips that stop them sliding forward though - need the clip pushed from the inside so it can slide forward

ye your probably right but i just forced them......by hand.. the front forced with a screwdriver wrapped in masking tape.

www.renparts.co.uk
timsclio172 said:
yeah thats what the theiving tw*t did when he stole mine! but without the masking tape!

i thought they would be designed so the clips would only slide off enough to remove the trim with the door open.... clearly not.

Octavia VRS
the rear trim was easy enough for me tbh. Just slide it towards the front with the door open. I have clips that aren't moulded onto the bump strip as well :S