ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sidelights (not the usual geting them problem)

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
just putting in my LED sidelights from ultraleds.co.uk. anyway i easily got the drivers bulb holder out as i only have a 1.2 and an engine bay full of air...anyway i have the bulb holder and the bloody bulb wont come out, its stuck good.......ur just supposed to pull and they come out right??

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
ahh this is really annoying me. i cant see any twisting parts...im trying tho.....this is the bulb holder part....i have it infront of me right now

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
just took the other bulb holder out aswell (and got soaked), same problem... im gonna take a pic and show ... wait a sec

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
here it is...i have to take out the bulb at the end and replace with led right? well here is a hone pic of the bulb holder.... this is the part i put the led in right??
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
28_2933123734644b6032686a.JPG

Last edited:
  RB 182
Pull, they just push in

They'll just be corroded in, so a little gentre persuasion with a screwdriver will do the trick

When you get them out, make sure just to rough up the contacts before you put your new ones in!

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
its like theyre super glued in or something lol......im still stcuk and getting red mist ! i will smash em in a min....that will showthem!

RB 182
Haha, thats your main beam bulb mate

Have another look further towards the edge of the headlight, int the same section though, the sidelight is plugged into a little thing that pulls out, its kind of a yellowy colour, with two wires going into it!

You pull it out and then pull the bulb out

That bulb is all one, you aint pulling that apart!

A

andy-footitt

when i had my 1.2 i had the same problem. I pulled it so hard it fucked whatever holds it back in and the bulbholder kept falling back out and melted that chrome plastic stuff

RB 182
We will obviously want to see a pic of the finished product, just to redeem yourself!

Its all a myth about touching the glass ruining the bulbs, im a techy and ive never bothered

We will obviously want to see a pic of the finished product, just to redeem yourself!

Its all a myth about touching the glass ruining the bulbs, im a techy and ive never bothered

I accidentally touched the glass of a headlight bulb once, and it lasted 3 days. So I'm always careful now.

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
bleeding finger and still havent got sidelights out....am i turning clockwise or anticlockwise??

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
I accidentally touched the glass of a headlight bulb once, and it lasted 3 days. So I'm always careful now.

i have had my hands all over these, does the greese make them overheat?

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
right thanks everyone for the help and correcting my r****d self.....here is the end result, cant find my camera so sorry bout phone pics.
28_9167952144644c3d47a9ab.jpg

i would say to any1 changing sidelights, twist until sidelisght holder as viewed from engine bay looks vertical (no more than quarter turn) use small needle nose pliers if u have, then give them a good yank, they may be quite stiff.

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
o and should i give my main beam bulbs that i accidentally touched with my hands a clean with some white spirit on a tissue, to get off the greese and that. im assuming they break cus they get greese on them and get so hot.

u think these sidelights are bright enough, they look brighter in the pic than to the eye.

When i turn on the old halogens it really shows how crappy and yellow they are... i now want some xenon looking bulbs to fit my current fitment. All i want is for them too look really white, and the same brightness. I hear powerbulbs.co.uk is good... can any1 recommend any and do they give a discount to cs members??

Last edited:
  LY 182
i've never actually seen them blow because of touching them it just ruins the beam pattern put out by them, wipe it off and it should be fine

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
cheers for all the help, i cleaned them with some degreaser stuff and wiped with a new dry j cloth, just put them back in, tested worked, hopefully they wont blow anytime soon...

can anyone reccomend some bright white headlamp bulbs from powerbulbs.co.uk to fit the standard headlight. i found a thread ages ago but cant find it anymore.

TT
the "ultrablue" bulbs from Halfords work very well, not blue, they give off a very white beam, will match sideys well, promise you

RSC 182 Cup
Just wipe it clean with a clean cloth and some metho. ;)

(The grease from your fingers on the glass causes it to overheat.)