ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sidelights...

Car  Mito Sportiva 135
Hi guys, hoping for a little advice...I have just received my new frosted white sidelights and keen to get them in ASAP (I think you can guess where this is heading...;) ) erm, basically, how do I do this and will I need any tools?

Thanks!
Tom.
 
Just run wi no sidelights mate....looks far better..

DSC00794.webp


DSC00793.webp
 
pop cap off,turn bulb holder then remove bulb

Cheers mate, thanks. Anything I should be carefull off? And no tools neededed then?

Alan - isn't that illegal lol?! And obviously you need them when you don't have your main lights on too...!
 
Haha sweet. I hope I bought the right ones, they were pretty cheap, only £2 each! Think they are the ones Roy Munson has?
 
pop cap off,turn bulb holder then remove bulb

Cheers mate, thanks. Anything I should be carefull off? And no tools neededed then?

Alan - isn't that illegal lol?! And obviously you need them when you don't have your main lights on too...!

Yeah its illegal to run with them according to the fashion police...

I hade my xenons on all the time, so you'd never know there wasn't any sidelight bulbs in..

When i get my HID's on the R27 again i'll be taking the sidelight bulbs out..
 
I struggled for half an hour trying to get the drivers side led in . I have pretty big hands and it was impossible to hold the bulb holder with one hand and push the led in with the other .

Got it sussed now though . Get a piece of 10mm plastic tubing , put the led in the end of the tube , hold the bulb holder with one hand and push the led into to holder with the tube . Only takes a couple of seconds now ;)

If your wondering what the black tapes for . I could only find some 12mm tubing so i cut some slots in to make it a tight fit on the led .

LEDANDTUBEUSE.webp
 
I struggled for half an hour trying to get the drivers side led in . I have pretty big hands and it was impossible to hold the bulb holder with one hand and push the led in with the other .

Got it sussed now though . Get a piece of 10mm plastic tubing , put the led in the end of the tube , hold the bulb holder with one hand and push the led into to holder with the tube . Only takes a couple of seconds now ;)

If your wondering what the black tapes for . I could only find some 12mm tubing so i cut some slots in to make it a tight fit on the led .

LOL - anything in the driver's-side light unit is a bloody struggle!

D.
 
Cool thanks for the suggestions, hopefully my hands fit and I don't break anything!

Quite easy though on scale of things to do...compared to say changing indicators which I found 2/10 difficult...?
 
MRBILLYUK's way is spot on, its a great help!

i have changed my sidelight a few times now trying to find a good xenon match, but i wasn't happy with any of them...
so like Alan said, i just removed the sidelights, looks way better! pure xenon power :)
 
Back
Top