ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sideskirt clips - how many?

how many are on your sport/do i need? i ordered one (set) from renault, he said he's not sure how many's in the set and he got it today and told me it's just one but it's about 5 inches long

cheers

185lb/ft dCi
I used them all the way along the sill, whole length of the car. 1 near each end and one in middle. you could get away with using 2 its just how secure you want it to be really, mine are stable so you could get away with it.

185lb/ft dCi
I think your getting confused about the sill, see this pic:

sideskirt.jpg

the sideskirt will 'sit' ontop of the brackets, so they will take the weight essentially.

cheers for the diagram, i get it now! i was thinking the bit where you open the door at first.

just went to renault to look at the clip they ordered and it's not right so looks like i'll have to glue them now and screw in at the bottom :(

1.2 Dynamique billabong
they work like this mate, then the skirt hangs over the top of it, then glue and screw them in place at the bottom. i didnt use the clips on my replica skirts but i might redo them with clips as one has come away a little

IMAGE_109.jpg

1.2 Dynamique billabong
no worries mate, how much where the clips buddy i reckon you could get away with 4 a side.

if they are stupidly expensive like most things renault then i will probably just find away of making some. all it need to be is like a small metal plate with a gap away from the body work to slot in the skirt, so something like a flat bracket and a washer might do the job

the clips came to about 25 quid for 6 i think, but i said i didn't want them any more and just bought a set of 14 for 15 quid off someone off here :)

Clio mk2 1.2
does anyone one know how far up the sil to rivet the clips in or is it so there just level with the top if the sil? any help would be appreciated :D

Put the sideskirts against the sill in the correct place. Remember where the top of them go, and rivet a clip there.

Clio mk2 1.2
theres like 3 holes in the brackets, i only see people using the middle hole? but its like a longer sloped hole? is there any reason why people just use the middle hole?

Yeah you just use the middle one. It's so you can slide them on/off or adjust them when the rivet is in place.

AUDI A5 s-sline
Yeah you just use the middle one. It's so you can slide them on/off or adjust them when the rivet is in place.

this! :)

its incase you fu*k up when drilling! :) but they wont come off when rivited unless you drill the rivet! :)

Clio mk2 1.2
i put the brackets on, it makes such a good difference :D i had like 8 per side to put on, i only used 4 per side and it still made a good difference, figured id save them for my next project :)