ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Siezed top mount nut.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Hiya,

I've got 3 of my coilovers changed over but the last one (front offside) I cant get the old shock off. The top mount is siezed on. I have left it sprayed with penetrating fluid over night and got some leverage on the allen key with the ring spanner but I still just cant get it to loosen off. If I try a torque wrench as expected it just spins the thread and doesn't loosen the nut. Does any-one have any idea how to get it off? Would an air gun do it or would it just spin it still?

Cheers

Track valver + Ibiza FR
I borrowed a mates impact gun, it took a few attempts but came off in the end, hope that helps mate.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Aye I thought it might be an impact gun, but the only person I know with an impact gun is Jord I think?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Would an impact drill with an impact socket on do the same as a driver?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I had the allen key in the hex at the top with a spanner linked to it for leverage so I dont think mole grips will make any difference tbh

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Bah! It worked fine on the other side haha. Right I'll put it back down and go again...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
:eek: put it on the floor and put a torque wrench on it and it was fine. They didn't mention that in the guides on here... Cheers guys.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I was also swearing about these earlier today! Glad you fixed it mate!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I had to get an impact gun to undo mine last year when fitting the coilovers - car was on the floor too!