ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sigma 120- 400mm OS APO Canon

B

Brown.

Just picked this up tuther day, little expensive but if its anything like the old 50- 500mm non OS i used to have it will be worth it...... i couldnt justify the money for the 400mm os canon L for money and prime- ness. as i will require the zoom range.

19082008004.jpg

Tis very large with lens hood.

B

Brown.

was 400 notes from hong kong. . . fleabay (200 pound cheaper then jessops) ..... the seller ensured taxes would not be an issue ;)

Canons 400mm was 1k....with f/5.6.....same as the 120-400mm's larger end....obviously glass being the difference.

OS is a little jolty but its very good and allows a good few stops advantage.

B

Brown.

Got in before me ^^

My 50- 500mm was EX but i could not tell the difference.... not with the 20d as a body any way.

B

Brown.

Nice bit of kit...Whats it's purpose...No silly reply's! lol

Distance shots?

Its for relativly fast photos....portrait stlye close ups of stuff far away.... i do alot of wildlife, so quiet focal motor is a must........ dusk shooting is a nightmare with a general zoom.

could be used for sport and the like, has a panning setting on the OS which is quiete nifty.

B

Brown.

How you mean ?? can you see errors in my images ??? or is that on a general note ?

B

Brown.

Oh yeah, totally agree, i would only purchase sigma for super zooms....there walkabout and medium zooms are as you say not 100% every time.