ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silicon removal

Hi

Just picked up a 172 (my third!) the previous owner seemed to love covering every piece of internal trim with some silicon spray/wipe even the steering wheel! I have ordered some poorboys trim restorer an some natural look dressing anyone got any other/better ideas to remove this dreadful stuff.

Anything you touch leaves you with greasy hands.

Any advice welcome.

Cheers

Maccaa :cheers:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The most hateful stuff in the world. My mate loves using this on his MG to make the interior look even cheaper.

Try a very mild soap and water mix?

Mito Sportiva 135
Just try wiping it with a MF cloth first of all. Over time it will degrade anyway. Hate that shiny cack though too.

Thanks guys,

Will try the soap and water mix good idea, and as you say Brand86 it will go over time but its one of those products that looks dreadful as it SLOWLY goes away. I reckon if you start using it its a viscious circle so you have to keep using it.

This stuff should be banned :(

Cheers

Macca

106 GTi
Cheers :)

Megs APC or even Autoglym Interior Shampoo should safely remove it, then apply the Poorboys Natural look for a factory fresh finish.

Will order some Megs APC and some P21s for external.

Rich, lost your recent link for the P21s at a good price can you advise? hopefully get the megs there as well.

Cheers

Maccaa