ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silly high idle

Clio172
Just spent the day painting my inlet maifold and after putting it all back together i start the car to find it idle at 6k....yes 6000rpm!??????

If i remove the connector from the throttle body it will idle lumpy

I've tried reseting via turning the key to the first position 10 times.

I've double checked every sensor to make sure its propally connected

Please help:(

Clio172
any knowledgeable people on here tonight. Need to make a decision if to buy a new throttle body or not......

Clio172
Your not helping yourself to get an answer like that mate.

i didnt mean it like that :S i spose not very well worded!

if all connections were made correctly what could be my process of elimination?...pedal, throttle body....possibly idle control?

Cheers

172 Cup
air leak, have you wound your front plenum bolts down onto the fuel rail guard?? Did you renew the gaskets? When TB's normally fail they wont rev not the other way around

172DD Cup
take it apart and refit it again. our zafira went a bit schizo once and would idle at 3k, and if it wasnt doing that it was stalling. i had to take the inlet off to fix another problem, cleaned it all up etc and put it back together, it's been fine since (touch wood).

or you could start disconnecting sensors one at a time?

to find a leak, spray a bit of wd40 (i think, best to confirm this) around the tb/pipes area. if the revs change, you know you've hit a leak.

Clio172
The gaskets are the plastic type for ktec which you can re new?

I taped of the gasket

Thanks for all your input...ill give it another go tonight.

Is there supposed to be a gasket between the top of the engine and the inlet manifold???

2003 clio 172
This happened to me ! but i fixed it buy gettin a new gasket from renault :) £6.67. sorted my problem give it a go :)

Golf GTD Mk7
Defo an air leak. Did you put washers under the rear two bolts? Everytime I did that recently the idle was up to around 4k and lumpy. So removed it, made sure the plenum was sitting right and tightened up the bolts. Not sure if it's been noted, but did you put the acoustic valve pipe back on too?