ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silvatec/Silvervision Bulbs - Fitment?

BMW 320d SE
1) Which is best - Silvervisions or Silvatec?
2) What bulb type(s) do I need? I'd like a set for the fronts and rears. Are they the same type?

Oh yeah, it's for a 182. Cheers :D

Chocolate Bar™
i find silvertec are pure silver when compared to the silvervisions sort of amber tinge, but the downside is that they are no where near as bright as silvervisions.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have silvervisions , a slight orange tinge but its somethin' and fcuk all really . Offset pins ya need , front and rear are the same .

Got mine from http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ they're a bit of a fiddly b*stard to fit if you have big hands ,lol . Plus you get free philips blue vision sidelight bulbs when you order the silvervisions , i haven't even attempted to fit them yet ;)

Clio Campus Sport
cheapest place to buy silvatec - ebay.co.uk
u can get urself a pair for about £5 - bargain!
i found the silvatec ones shined a redish orange in the sun light, but more orangey at night.
and they do look the dog bullocks on the front and if u got clear lexus lights for the rear

RS 200
07_SV_installed2.jpg

I have SilverVisions, they do have a slight orange tint but isnt really noticeable at any more than 2-3 meters away.

More Pics are here: http://s130967247.websitehome.co.uk/clio/clio_silvervisions/#

Chris

ST
I have the silvatec ones that ktec sell in the front and philips silvervisions in the back....IMO the silvatec ones look far better...

BMW 320d SE
Oooh they look nice! They go very nicely with the paintwork, and as I have a Racing Blue 182, they might be worth a go.

172 M69 eater
sorry to hijack ur thread matey... could anyone tell me the bulb type of the side repeaters on a 172???

ta!

RS 200
patty said:
sorry to hijack ur thread matey... could anyone tell me the bulb type of the side repeaters on a 172???

ta!

Really not sure, but looking in the Haynes manual they look very much like the w5w bulbs, that is also used for the sidelights.

Chris

BMW 320d SE
Just ordered 2 sets of Silvatecs, and a set of white LED sidelight bulbs - inc p+p it was less than £15 :eek: Bargain methinks!
Thanks once again to everyone for all their opinions and advice. :D