ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver Campus Sport Conversion

Clio Campus 16v
Hey guys,

Just popping a few pictures of my Clio up, I've been driving it for about 6 months now and it's one of the most enjoyable cars I've owned. Bought it for just over £2k with 39,000 miles on it.

It's the 2006 Campus Sport Model (1.2 16v).

I know lots of people hate the campus, I managed to get the rear-end off another 1.2 fairly cheaply in my paint code and stick it on, the front bumper is growing on me, it's just a road car so I won't be modifying it hideously, maybe a 172 rear bumper if one comes up, I know there will be cries of 'OMG LOWER PLZ' but unfortunately it's just not convenient where I live (you can't leave my road without scraping freshly laid speed humps as it is).

The sport grill was easy to fit, it just requires a small amount of modification to the grill itself, and maybe the removal of one or two clips on the bumper, I've read a lot of threads saying it can't be made to fit, if anyone wants any advice on it feel free to message me. The splitter is a Skoda one I ordered from my local dealer for about £8. I colour coded the inserts for the front bumper, and bought some 16v door badges, which I also colour coded. I've also de-wipered the rear window, and put Aero wipers on the front. I'm thinking of doing the front & rear Renault badges and maybe the Clio badge black, but I might give this a miss for the sake of it looking a bit chavvy.

I picked up some cheap silver tint indicator bulbs and they look much better than the proper Silvervisions I had in it before.

So far I've not had any trouble with my DubMeister plates, and they seems fairly reflective when I focus other people's headlights on it. I've gone past plenty of marked & unmarked cars with them on, and even had an officer comment on how smart they look.

Apart from that it's all standard (except sound system) new speakers front & back and a punchy little 12" sub in the boot, not for blaring WUB WUB WUB music, just for a more enjoyable ride.

I'm totally open to suggestions on bits to do to it, but like I said, it's only a 1.2 for getting from A to B so I'm not to fussed on new exhausts/engine bits, although I may get a new air filter, I hear good things about green cotton panel filters?

Cheers,

Oli

DSC_2233.jpg

DSC_2308.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I detest those wheels, they make the car look older than it is!

If it was mine, i'd fit a set of 16'' 172 wheels on it (in silver!) and leave it be. Looks nice tiday and standard. Fair play to you for not following the crowd with massive exhausts and wolfrace wheels. :)

Clio Campus 16v
...now that would be fun! Maybe one day, it'd make a nice light track car!

As for the wheels, if anyone hears of any coming up give me a message, I may as well get some 16s on there! I'm not keen on the 172 ones, maybe a set of 182s would go better.

M16a
IMG_0014-1.jpg

Go for the 172 wheels. They suit the campus much better... Talking from experience, although mine looks nothing like it used to sadly..

Yes it needs tyre shine there, but i just had the tyres changed and it needed a wash..

Renault clio campus
Hey guys,

Just popping a few pictures of my Clio up, I've been driving it for about 6 months now and it's one of the most enjoyable cars I've owned. Bought it for just over £2k with 39,000 miles on it.

It's the 2006 Campus Sport Model (1.2 16v).

I know lots of people hate the campus, I managed to get the rear-end off another 1.2 fairly cheaply in my paint code and stick it on, the front bumper is growing on me, it's just a road car so I won't be modifying it hideously, maybe a 172 rear bumper if one comes up, I know there will be cries of 'OMG LOWER PLZ' but unfortunately it's just not convenient where I live (you can't leave my road without scraping freshly laid speed humps as it is).

The sport grill was easy to fit, it just requires a small amount of modification to the grill itself, and maybe the removal of one or two clips on the bumper, I've read a lot of threads saying it can't be made to fit, if anyone wants any advice on it feel free to message me. The splitter is a Skoda one I ordered from my local dealer for about £8. I colour coded the inserts for the front bumper, and bought some 16v door badges, which I also colour coded. I've also de-wipered the rear window, and put Aero wipers on the front. I'm thinking of doing the front & rear Renault badges and maybe the Clio badge black, but I might give this a miss for the sake of it looking a bit chavvy.

I picked up some cheap silver tint indicator bulbs and they look much better than the proper Silvervisions I had in it before.

So far I've not had any trouble with my DubMeister plates, and they seems fairly reflective when I focus other people's headlights on it. I've gone past plenty of marked & unmarked cars with them on, and even had an officer comment on how smart they look.

Apart from that it's all standard (except sound system) new speakers front & back and a punchy little 12" sub in the boot, not for blaring WUB WUB WUB music, just for a more enjoyable ride.

I'm totally open to suggestions on bits to do to it, but like I said, it's only a 1.2 for getting from A to B so I'm not to fussed on new exhausts/engine bits, although I may get a new air filter, I hear good things about green cotton panel filters?

Cheers,

Oli

DSC_2233.jpg

DSC_2308.jpg
Hi there how the hell did you get the sports grille to fit on your campus? It just doesn't seem to want to clip in. Any pics or guide you can provide to be able to do this would be greatly appreciated thanks.