ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front bumper damage

Renault Clio campus
Hello 👋🏼

This is my Clio Sport and his name's Colin! Unfortunately I went into the back of another car a few weeks ago when I wasn't concentrating. We didn't exchange details as her car was fine but my car did take a little bit of damage. The damage is minor but it still bothers me and I'm not sure what part of the bumper it's called as it's not the actual bumper itself it's behind the grill! I'll insert pictures to show where's it's all cracked. I got a quote from a garage of £350+

Any advice much appreciated 🙂

1000010877.jpg
1000010876.jpg
1000010874.jpg
1000010879.jpg

Attachments

• 1000010880.jpg
    1000010880.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hello 👋🏼

This is my Clio Sport and his name's Colin! Unfortunately I went into the back of another car a few weeks ago when I wasn't concentrating. We didn't exchange details as her car was fine but my car did take a little bit of damage. The damage is minor but it still bothers me and I'm not sure what part of the bumper it's called as it's not the actual bumper itself it's behind the grill! I'll insert pictures to show where's it's all cracked. I got a quote from a garage of £350+

Any advice much appreciated 🙂

View attachment 1680320View attachment 1680321View attachment 1680322View attachment 1680323
If it's causing no issues I wouldn't worry.

The only risk is the parts getting into your rad fan. If you want, you can remove the bumper. There's bolts along the top under the bonnet, along the undertray, in the arches then where its pulled out some bolts under that.

If it's not been off before it can be a pain, but you'll then be able to remove the broken trim.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
This one you've attached but not embedded looks like more of a pain, you might be lucky and you can get that back into the right place, or unlucky, but you won't know until you've had the bumper off. Good chance you can get it off, remove any shattered plastic behind the grille as Louis has said above and get it clipped back into place and have Colin looking respectable again.

If you're not mechanically minded and have a garage you can trust, I'm sure they could get it looking better without spending money at a body shop.
1000010880.jpg