ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

silver carbon

MK2 PH2 172 cup
hi guys myself and tonyt have just done some silver carbon dash strips and put them in my car, more bits also being done, and hopefully all being well trying to sort out making some carbon thumb grips for my steering wheel
perhaps not to everyone's taste in silver but i myself like them
what do you think ? honest opinions
p0706091354.jpg

p0706091352.jpg

MK2 PH2 172 cup
wasnt sure myself about silver untill i fitted them then i thought yeah i like it, i want to do the center part on the dash the bit that goes around the vents and clock but not sure how it comes out and dont want to break anything, does anyone know weather its on clips or something more complicated?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Being silver it looks like the weave is a bit more obvoious, bit like carbon kevlar. I really like that.

Can you imaging what silver carbon diamonds and bullets would look like on a black/ dark car!!!!!

Za**** & Xr250R
I was thinking about getting some done in silver but it look's the same as the standard one's still look's good though :D

MK2 PH2 172 cup
well seems a lot of ppl like it :approve: my standards were blue so looks a little different, i guess if they had been silver then perhaps it wouldn't seem much of a difference also pics arnt great took them of my old battered phone lol,
like yellow Dave says i think the bullets would look cool, already looking for a set to do
should look quiet trick against the Blue of my car as the originals are silver in the first place

MK2 PH2 172 cup
its real carbon fabric, applied to the original parts then multiple coats of a special resin, smoothed then either polished, lacquered, or a mat finish depending on preference

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looks great! Tony's work looking ace as always :cool:

( you'll never convert me from real "black" carbon though :rasp: )

James

lol.. just to put bry straight on this, its NOT carbon fabric, its a polyester fabric that has been woven to look sililar to carbon simply because the same weave pattern is used (2x2 twill)..

like james said, carbon is black (although it can be woven with other materials as well... and it can also be dyed I believe..

got a list as long as my arm of bits bry wants, bullets being one of them, so watch this space..

all the best

Tony

MK2 PH2 172 cup
sorry about that folks my mistake, tony does the covering which involves the fabric side of things and i do the finishing which is the end product you see
the real carbon look does look awesome but i like to be different lol

its cool nick, no need to pm as i have always been up front about the prices.. obviously we need your bits in advance)

all prices delivered and with a money back guarantee (theres plenty who will vouch for my honesty)

carbon diamonds £50 the pair (or £28 each)
carbon dash strips £65 the pair (or £100 incl. wheel and knob insert)
carbon bullets £50 the pair
carbon mirror backs £50 the pair
carbon washer blanks £25 the pair

not a lot of difference in the prices of the silver material really (I can also get black/red, black/green, black/blue, pure kevlar, carbon/kevlar weaves - ask for prices)

silver diamonds £45 the pair (or £25 each)
silver dash strips £60 the pair (or £90 incl. wheel and knob insert)
silver bullets £45 the pair
silver mirror backs £45 the pair
silver washer blanks £23 the pair

for future reference, now bry has a cup with knackered thumbgrips, we are VERY actively trying to come up with a good prices replacement pair of thumb grips in carbon, glass fibre or other composite materials at a price that wont break the bank... we're also looking at the stereo surround, vent surround, and customising the recess on the top to smooth it out before covering..

a lot going on now bry has his new project lol..

all the best

Tony

Golf GT & A4 Avant
TonyT, I've heard your name mentioned with carbon but not seen any of your work till now. I am right in thinking you have laid the fabric over the top of the original dash trims, so you would need a set sent to you to do?

And would it be possible to have the grey 'airbag/ renaultsport' badges put onto the strips/ steering wheel insert etc before they are lacquered?

Track 172cup
looks quality mate, could really be interested in a few parts when i get a bit of cash together, quite interested in the kevlar and carbon/kevlar aswell, have you done anything in this yet ?

any more close up pics aswell to see the finish a bit better ?

not done any more in silver yet, but should be doing soon...

the kevlar is a golden colour, looks good but is a pig to work with as its so tough..

i could really do with a guinea pig for some of these new materials, would be at cost of course, so if your interested let me know...

theres a lot of good pics on here of our stuff, check clio lous threads, she has a lot of our stuff..

all the best

Tony

Lionel Richie
lol.. just to put bry straight on this, its NOT carbon fabric, its a polyester fabric that has been woven to look sililar to carbon simply because the same weave pattern is used (2x2 twill)..

like james said, carbon is black (although it can be woven with other materials as well... and it can also be dyed I believe..

got a list as long as my arm of bits bry wants, bullets being one of them, so watch this space..

all the best

Tony

was going to say LOL! its been a while since i was in composting (as i call it) i know "silver carbon" does have a trade name (as do the red and blue variants) but its just pretty fibre glass in 2x2 twill from memory

Golf GT & A4 Avant
not done any more in silver yet, but should be doing soon...

the kevlar is a golden colour, looks good but is a pig to work with as its so tough..

i could really do with a guinea pig for some of these new materials, would be at cost of course, so if your interested let me know...

theres a lot of good pics on here of our stuff, check clio lous threads, she has a lot of our stuff..

all the best

Tony

Have you got a link to the other pics? I can't find 'clio lou' in the members list to search for a thread.